Bad gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad gateway

That's the message I keep getting when I try and view posts - any ideas?

Some work being carried out on the forum. Don't panic.

Comment

I'd guess that your gateway is bad. Just a hunch.

Comment

did u get facto the cowboy to build it
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I sell good gateways, cheap but no UK warranty.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Are you seeing that message as bold big black font on a white background along with a number?

Comment

I looked at server logs and it seems some threads are causing excessive memory usage on the server when viewed in threaded or hybrid views.

Try the ordinary view out to see if that helps. (Change it at the top right corner)

Comment

You have to click on "Display Modes" top right of the first thread.

Over the next month we might have many more problems and that's due to the upgrade on the site that's taking place right now.

We want the upgrade to be in place before the transfer window opens and we'll have to shut down the site for at least 6 hours to implement the change over.

Comment

Just to clear up, the bad gateway errors occurr when your request causes the assigned php cgi process to exit with an error. In this case certain views and certain thread combinations are causing memory usage in excess of the amount I am allowing per request (over 128MB).

You can work around this by using the default view type as explained in MYUs post above.

Presently I am unable to allocate more ram per request as during heavy load this will cause the server to run out of ram.

We are planning to upgrade the server ram soon and I shall then be able to allow more ram per request which ought to alleviate this issue.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by agoodm View Post
                    Just to clear up, the bad gateway errors occurr when your request causes the assigned php cgi process to exit with an error. In this case certain views and certain thread combinations are causing memory usage in excess of the amount I am allowing per request (over 128MB).

You can work around this by using the default view type as explained in MYUs post above.

Presently I am unable to allocate more ram per request as during heavy load this will cause the server to run out of ram.

We are planning to upgrade the server ram soon and I shall then be able to allow more ram per request which ought to alleviate this issue.

Alan
                    you are truely from a different world.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

But without the likes of Alan in 'a different world' we would have no WATRB in this world

Comment

But without the likes of Alan in 'a different world' we would have no WATRB in this world
                        And in that world without WATRB I would spend more time doing work and talking to the missus! so Alan and all the other nerdy types we salute you!

Comment

Working...
                        X