No announcement yet.

Our Fans Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the problem with all seater stadiums. always used to stand in the lower loft, the year it went to seats, got a season ticket in roughly the same place atmosphere gone. dont think its ever recovered.

Comment

i will ask this:

when was the last time we had atmosphere like fulham & stoke away where the fans were seated.

that also said.. i understand fans cant see/have kids/are elderly.

But without fans getting properly behind the team we wont win much.. thats clear as day. swansea, arsenal, chelsea all had some sort of atmosphere effect. we cant be that loud away but we can at least try.

if somebody behind me asks me to sit then i shall if the person infront of me is sitting.

i always go straight to the back at away games so im not suggesting every fan from front to back stands..

probably going to get hated for it but end of the day i pay the same amount of money and want to stand..
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

At OT the two blokes in front of me were standing, but only to abuse the United fans, they weren't even watching the game. Yesterday, why when we had a corner were we chanting 'is this a library?' Who cares? Stand or sit but roar our team on, not abuse the opposition.

Comment

half of you lot need to experience football like it should be....standing for all. moaning about who is standing in-front of you and all that-man up ffs.
          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
            nothing wrong with sitting imo - my dad's too old to stand for 90mins. but there should be a space for the "younger" crowd to be standing and chanting along whilst standing.
            Swanley - sitting and singing loudly is doable - for sure.
            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Sitting, standing, either doesn't bother me, I still support the Rs to the best of my ability.

Comment

support will improve if/when we go down, stop selling out every week and clingers on/come latelys stop attending

Comment

This is a real problem, there is no doubt from my experience that a good vocal performance from supporters away from home makes a difference and help drive the players on

the problem crops up with allocated seats where we have sold or nearly sold our allocation as yesterday, its never an issue at somewhere like barnsley on a tuesday night. Another example this season was wolves where the main singing contingent ended up split into 2 main areas. its helpful if the bulk of these guys and gals are together because the noise made encourages the rest of the support to fill their lungs and sing and we can as a crowd be very loud once we get going and it helps

Perhaps there is something that can be done to help this by the club online, technically it would be pretty simple to provide an option to select Standard or Boisterous for example and the box office could then allocate the seats on that basis
                  its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                    Exactly, some fans make me laugh

You stand in front of me at a football match, I'll tell you to sit down

I can't be bothered with away games nowadays due to the amount of donuts I end up surrounded by. If you want to stand buy a ticket at the back of the stand its that simple.

Those that normally sing are the ones proper tanked up, some fans aren't like that and simpley go to support their team. Spend £££ and travel 100's of miles, who the hell is anyone to question their loyalty.

Singing a song means **** all as to your status as fotball fan!

Some tw@t in front of me at West Brom kept standing up every 5 seconds to goad the home fans to the left, my old man cant be getting up and down everygame like an F in yoyo because some bottler wants to look hard standing behind a row of coppers.

Also just because I dont stand up like a mug when u sing "stand up if u love Rangers/ if u hate Chelsea" doesn't mean I dont!

I agree the club should segregate the allocation

Comment

constant sitting/crap songs,atmosphere and team puts me off aways these days. Anyone watchig Blackburn v United a few weeks ago, THAT was away support

Comment

Originally posted by Controversy View Post

Some tw@t in front of me at West Brom kept standing up every 5 seconds to goad the home fans to the left, my old man cant be getting up and down everygame like an F in yoyo because some bottler wants to look hard standing behind a row of coppers.

Also just because I dont stand up like a mug when u sing "stand up if u love Rangers/ if u hate Chelsea" doesn't mean I dont!

I agree the club should segregate the allocation
                        muggy little song what's the ****ing point seriously

Comment

It feels a bit like "if ur happy and u know it clap ur hands"

Comment

are we auditioning for xfactor? give a turd what song people sing. even if it's just 10 people...let them sing what they want. if it's good people will join in. it's it's not then they won't.

remember the days when we used to go to football to watch a match?

Comment

Agree,if we didnt love Rangers we wouldnt be there in the first place !!

Comment

I can see what some of you are saying but just because people sit down doesn't make them any less of a supporter. I have home and away season tickets and have been all over to newcastle, sunderland, blackburn, bolton, westbrom, stoke... all that and i don't normally stand but usually the people around me don't stand either so it doesnt bother me... but i still clap and shout and sing like a lot of the other people that sit down. So...

Comment

Working...
                                X