X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52% possession!

For us!!!

Queens Park Rangers-elona?

That was sh*t I know, anyone got better names?
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

RRRRRRRRRRssss-celona

Comment

Your numbers are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimimar0 View Post
        Your numbers are wrong.
        ..... Care to elaborate?
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Your numbers are wrong.
          BBC website has us as 52% possesion over the whole game, if they had a statistic for meaningful possesion it would have been 90%.

Comment

Sky had swansealona as having mosy possesion (or most possesion)
            Last edited by QPRDave; 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

BBC possession stats are terrible, the real possession figures were 60% for Swansea and obviously 40% for us.

Comment

BBC possession stats are terrible, the real possession figures were 60% for Swansea and obviously 40% for us.
                Where you get those figrues from pal?
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Posession means nothing if you have no chance of scoring. Sinclair and Graham barely had a touch in the first half, yet their keeper and 2 CB's must have had the most touches, passes etc.... Yeah great. Noted Graham came deep into his own half at one point level with the Cb's to get the ball off them as he'd not been involved.

Notice how when their easy balls for the keeper were blocked by pressing he had no idea what to do, ends up hoofing and losing posession.

They've seriously been found out and will struggle next season no doubt. And how boring was it... Blimey it was like kids in the playground keeping the ball and not letting anyone else play....

Comment

Whatever possession Swansea had, the majority of it was between their keeper and their back 4.
                    I can't believe they have fooled the 'experts' -- I can only assume they go on the OPTA stats, which can be very misleading.
                    I actually thought they were more inventive last season -- last night looked like they have retreated into some some of comfort zone.
                    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Where you get those figrues from pal?
                      Opta via whoscored.com
                      Last edited by Kimimar0; 12-04-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                        Whatever possession Swansea had, the majority of it was between their keeper and their back 4.
                        I can't believe they have fooled the 'experts' -- I can only assume they go on the OPTA stats, which can be very misleading.
                        I actually thought they were more inventive last season -- last night looked like they have retreated into some some of comfort zone.
                        How did the "experts" get fooled? Are you suggesting that because they didnt use their possession well enough that it shouldnt be counted?

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          Posession means nothing if you have no chance of scoring. Sinclair and Graham barely had a touch in the first half, yet their keeper and 2 CB's must have had the most touches, passes etc.... Yeah great. Noted Graham came deep into his own half at one point level with the Cb's to get the ball off them as he'd not been involved.

Notice how when their easy balls for the keeper were blocked by pressing he had no idea what to do, ends up hoofing and losing posession.

They've seriously been found out and will struggle next season no doubt. And how boring was it... Blimey it was like kids in the playground keeping the ball and not letting anyone else play....
                          I agree the problem is we need them to pick points off Blackburn and Bolton, if you dont leave them room for there wingers to get behind you they have limited options as there team is quite small. Also a CF like Zamora there CB's cant handle as they dont like the physical rough stuff and next season they will need to adapt as clubs will do what we did, let them play it across the back four and the keeper but press when they get 10 yards into our half.

One thing about the Prem is you need to score goals from all options, long ball, corners, free kicks and open play. Swansea being such a small team their goals mainly come from getting behind teams by catching them on the break or shots from free kicks, corners and crosses they dont a lot of joy from. #### who they style there play on are different they score goals from all options like we have started to do, corners, open play and passing through the middle.

IF and it still is a big IF we stay up i think we are far better prepared for the second season than eithe Norwich or Swansea the problem is we have left it bloddy late to start playing like the team we all thought we had, i just hope its not too late.
                          One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Well who cares we won after all. Most of Swansea's passes are in their half.
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

How did the "experts" get fooled? Are you suggesting that because they didnt use their possession well enough that it shouldnt be counted?
                              I think most people who were there last night would agree that Swansea spent most of their possession time pretty fruitlessly, to the point where they were starting to look pretty daft.
                              Just needed patience and then pressure at the right time and they crumbled -- how can you count possession like that as meaningful?
                              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
                              X