Exclusive - Bowen insists Young NOT to blame for QPR red card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive - Bowen insists Young NOT to blame for QPR red card

Rs assistant admits Man United winger was right to down easily in the box and win his side a penalty

More...

I said this yesterday and i'll say it again now, until managers,coaches, and players stop reffering to players "winning" penalties this diving will just carry on.You used to be "awarded a pen" because you were fouled.Now cheats can justify cheating by winning something for their team. Divers are now heroes not cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      I said this yesterday and i'll say it again now, until managers,coaches, and players stop reffering to players "winning" penalties this diving will just carry on.You used to be "awarded a pen" because you were fouled.Now cheats can justify cheating by winning something for their team. Divers are now heroes not cheats.
      Agree Dave, and I'd go further. I think coaches get players to practise going down easy in training to make it as convincing as possible to con the ref. The touch by Derry is a signal to Young that someone is close enough for the fake trip to work, the home crowd reacts, and the ref makes a panic decision.

The technique Young used where one leg becomes straight and stiff which was clear on the replay is practised by players until it looks right, and the reward is obvious.

Comment

Nice #### Gerry.............Oh yes and i fully agree with above............

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Totally agree.
          I'm disappointed that Mark Bowen sees cheating as part and parcel of the game. It isn't. Getting away with blatant cheating is becoming an annoying norm now, but that doesn't make what Ashley Young did yesterday right, and it never will.
          I hope our players don't start doing that, and if they ever feel they must, then they do it to clubs that have done it to us, only.

Comment

Good job Mackie didn't go down when Vermaelen fouled him on the edge of the box last week...I'd hate to think that our honest players like that were being told to behave like Ashley Young.
            Bowen's comments are stupid, anyway...could jeopardise our appeal of the red card.
            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
              Good job Mackie didn't go down when Vermaelen fouled him on the edge of the box last week...I'd hate to think that our honest players like that were being told to behave like Ashley Young.
              Bowen's comments are stupid, anyway...could jeopardise our appeal of the red card.

Young Jamie's honesty, as well as his tenacity, set up Samba's winning goal.
              Would've hated seeing that replaced with an attempt to cheat.

Comment

The right thing was to issue Young a yellow card for diving.

Corruption, should have asked how much money he won?

Comment

Link won't open for me, but I can guess the content. Of course Young is to blame. I'm still bloody fuming at what happened yesterday, obviously Bowen doesn't care that much about his players or the game in general, if he is actually saying that.

Sean Derry. A true professional, who played out of his skin last season with as much determination as I've seen from any player. Approaching the end of his career, with the possibility that this could be his last chance to play in this league. He gets the opportunity to play on one of the biggest stages of them all, one of the potential highlights of his career. After 14 minutes, it's all taken away from him because some greedy, overpaid, overrated piece of filth decides that it's OK to dive and cheat a fellow pro, with no regard to the consequences of his antics on other people. The true pro simply walks off, without histrionics, with his dignity and pride intact, despite knowing that he has been cheated by a fellow player and an incompetent bunch of officials. With his reputation enhanced. Young on the other hand is proven to be found cheating yet again. Not the first time, as he's even pulled that stunt whilst representing his country.
                  Young should be banned for at least half a season. The only way you will stop that sort of behaviour that's killing this game. And I'd quite like to see people like Bowen, have the balls that the clubs owners and senior officials have and make a stand against this sort of thing instead of coming out with the usual sympathetic crap.

You may have guessed, but I'm still a bit miffed about this.

Comment

Working...
                  X