No announcement yet.

If you were Hughes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same team except Derry to keep him for Swansea game. Would replace him by Buzsaky.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

No, I really disagree about Derry -- Buzz doesn't really have that defensive toughness -- you couldn't see him putting in the sort of tackles that Derry does, especially the gem against Walcott on Saturday.
      Keep it the same.
      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
        No, I really disagree about Derry -- Buzz doesn't really have that defensive toughness -- you couldn't see him putting in the sort of tackles that Derry does, especially the gem against Walcott on Saturday.
        Keep it the same.
        I see your point but can Derry play 2 games in 4 days?
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I would keep it exactly the same.
          The big success for me was that row of Derry, Dakite and Barton all working a system to dispossess and cover each other, either defending or going forward. It was a very strict and structured system that stifled Arsenal's midfield.
          Replacing Derry with Buzz would be a mistake imho, because it was the first time this season that Derry had a role which he looked comfortable in. Putting Barton out wide would break up this system and weaken what looked like a really strong midfield, again, for the first time this season.

Agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
            I see your point but can Derry play 2 games in 4 days?
            Shaun had to play two games a week, almost every week last season, and managed quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
              Shaun had to play two games a week, almost every week last season, and managed quite well.
              Agreed, but that was in a League where we were overpowering most teams and had the lions share of possession. To expect Derry to play 90 minutes at OT, of which most will be spent chasing/tracking and covering and then play another big 90 against Swansea, another team that play possession football is too much IMO. Give him the weekend off and keep him fresh for Swansea and WBA.

A central midfield 3 of Buz, Barton and Samba might not put as many tackles in but will certainly be more mobile and offer a bit more support getting forward. Buzzes free kicks could come in handy too.

That's just my opinion. Its testament to how improved Derry has been recently that we are wondering whether or not to save him for our big games.

Comment

Keep it the same.
                Your making a very good point Swanley but surely it is easier to gain 3 points against Swansea. I would prefer your choice but Buzz could pose more of a threat going forward, if we manage to hold a 0-0 result with 15 minuets to go or even get a goal we could bring Derry on to tighten up defensively and to break up the play. Therefore Derry would not get tired for the Swansea match!

Mark Hughes is an experienced Manager and knows how Man Utd play, i trust him to pick an appropriate team for the match and Man Utd play different to Arsenal so a different formation or even a different line up would not surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by WestLondon LaLaLa View Post
                  but Buzz could pose more of a threat going forward, if we manage to hold a 0-0 result with 15 minuets to go or even get a goal we could bring Derry on to tighten up defensively and to break up the play. Therefore Derry would not get tired for the Swansea match!
                  Very good point.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Bilbao showed that pressing constantly and in numbers will pay dividends against United. They're clearly weakest in the centre of the park so Diakite will be the key man, if he can take control and drive forward we could be onto something.

Only worry is it will be extremely draining to keep pressing all game on the bigger pitch, and how long Derry can cope with it. And Anton will need to be switched on 101% against Hernandez.

Comment

Well not the only worry but you know what I mean... :drunk:

Comment

Think it's a bit of an optical illusion.Rangers pitch is only 3 yards shorter and 3 yards narrower than old Trafford. If the crowd wasn't as close at LR it would be similar!
                        I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

if we play like we did saturday we will beat Man Utd. Bobby can play Ferdinand and Evans off the park, Evans is a shocking CB and RF hasnt got the legs anymore IMO.

They are weakest in CM and if our trio in Midfield play out of their skins like they did against Arsenal then this is where we could win the game, we need Diakite and Barton to boss the game, with Derry's old and wise head marshalling them and patrolling in front of the back four winding up Rooney wherever possible.

Taarabt I would give a free role to do exactly what he did against Arsenal, including his excellent pressing and actually trying to win the ball.

Mackie as ever will be a thorn in their side throughout but he will need to do some extra work and help out Onouha with the task of Evra overlapping down the left.

The back 4 were immense on Saturday and if they can keep RVP mostly quiet for 90 mins then they should have the confidence to do it against Rooney.

If utd want to win I think they will need to sacrifice a striker for an extra man in midfield else I genuinely feel this is where they will come unstuck. If however they go with Hernandez n Rooney they will be a right handful with their movement between them but if we can stifle the service by overpwering them in midfield then we will win. Got ma really good feeling about this game n can see us coming home ridiculously happy with 3pts in the bag then another 3 against Swansea. Keep the Faith and raise the roof.

Comment

I would keep it exactly the same.
                            The big success for me was that row of Derry, Dakite and Barton all working a system to dispossess and cover each other, either defending or going forward. It was a very strict and structured system that stifled Arsenal's midfield.
                            Replacing Derry with Buzz would be a mistake imho, because it was the first time this season that Derry had a role which he looked comfortable in. Putting Barton out wide would break up this system and weaken what looked like a really strong midfield, again, for the first time this season.
                            How i saw it, and agree how we should go forward with this setup

Comment

To get anything against Man Utd you have to be solid and defensive first ( with a bit of luck ) and then think about attacking. Just like saturday against Arsenal. Taking Derry out and putting Buzz in makes us weaker defensively and is madness. We are not going to outscore Man Utd on their own patch. We have to be solid and defend really well and nick the odd goal for a point/win.

Hopefully v Swansea Derry will not be needed as much as we should be attacking and having a real go at them. If Buzz were going to come in for him it would be this game.

Comment

if traore was fit id be slightly swayed to have him start.. with taiwo infront of him. would be harsh on mackie but against utd, we need to try get a point. could be the difference.
                                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X