Final Whistle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Whistle

Am I alone in thinking Howard Webb was quick to blow his whistle further reinforcing the fact that he is a secret Manc.

Was expecting about another minute added on time!

I thought that thankfully the quickest injury time ever, makes a change
    Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Could Liverpool still win the league then ?

Comment

Agreed. With all the time for the celebration, I don't think he bothered accounting for it on top of the 3 minutes. I had at least another minute of squeaky bum time down.

Comment

first time we have had that situation this season when we didn't actualy look like we were going to concede in the final minutes. If anything we were getting stronger and stronger. Amazing how Liverpool folded having been so on top.

Comment

He gave liverpool about 30 seconds to account for the delay from the goal, not that unreasonable.

Comment

They had 90 minutes to score as many as us. They failed.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                first time we have had that situation this season when we didn't actualy look like we were going to concede in the final minutes. If anything we were getting stronger and stronger. Amazing how Liverpool folded having been so on top.
                Remember we didn't play at the weekend - Liverpool on the other hand played a battling Stoke a matter of days after a Merseyside derby.
                I said at half time (after we had survived that first 20 minute onslaught) that fitness may tell in the end, I just didn't expect it to show from 2 nil down
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  They had 90 minutes to score as many as us. They failed.
                  good point.
                  Also, they got their luck of injury time last season with arsenal....what was it, 98th? 102nd?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Remember we didn't play at the weekend - Liverpool on the other hand played a battling Stoke a matter of days after a Merseyside derby.
                    I said at half time (after we had survived that first 20 minute onslaught) that fitness may tell in the end, I just didn't expect it to show from 2 nil down
                    Yep fair point. Must admit I was thinking about fitness the other way round. Our players were running round the pitch chasing so many shadows for the first half hour I thought they wd all be out for the count after about 70 mins but credit to them and to Hughes, they showed great fitness levels and desire.

Comment

It was best to end it quick to save Liverpool from further embarrisment. If Webb had played another 2 mins of injury time, Mackie might have got a hat-trick...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Yep fair point. Must admit I was thinking about fitness the other way round. Our players were running round the pitch chasing so many shadows for the first half hour I thought they wd all be out for the count after about 70 mins but credit to them and to Hughes, they showed great fitness levels and desire.
                        That is something Hughes is famous for and maybe why it takes a few games for him to start winning rather than getting the instant impact others do. One very well known coach I speak to daily said of Hughes when he arrived that "he will have every single player capable of performing 15 - 20% higher within 6 weeks.
                        The trip to Portugal (which was branded a joke by many) was a massive factor in Hughes' plans and only now will we start to see the difference. Whether we reap the benefits of it is more down to ability and that is a different matter all together".
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

He knew I had a train to catch ....

Comment

Webb probably had his Utd Rooney shirt on underneath his kit, thought he had a good game no bookings used his commonsense at times also think he hates scousers

Comment

I thought that was the longest three minutes ever.
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                              X