45 Years ago Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Years ago Today!

Haven't seen a thread on here today so just wanna mark the day all those years ago that the Rs first hit the big time.Small club in the 3rd division, first club from that division to appear in a wembley final, and on top of it all we beat a team from the 1st division, who had won the competion the year before as well.
    Not only that 2-0 down at HT, how many of us would have said oh well that's the end of that then.QPR never do things the easy way, as we know.
    Congratulations to those QPR heroes of 67 arguably the 1st SUPERHOOPS

QPR 3-2 WBA

I was there but too young to appreciate the magnitude of the win.

Comment

Too young to remember mate, but that's a helluva achievment by those boys.

Comment

Comment

I was there, taken by my Dad. What a day - start of a life-long obsession!

Comment

last cup run
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

There is a piece on the official site, with a copy of a newspaper report of the match.

Fantastic stuff.

Comment

was there

you have to laugh at the 2 geezers in black and white minstrel mode and the commisionares trying to remove them

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                  was there

you have to laugh at the 2 geezers in black and white minstrel mode and the commisionares trying to remove them
                  Good man Hammer!
                  I thought those were black & white Minstrels type chappies, do you know why they were dressed like that? or was there no reason just something that people did for fun.
                  There's some on here who'd have a fit these days!

Comment

Working...
                  X