Joey Barton calls Emmanuel Frimpong a #### Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Barton calls Emmanuel Frimpong a #### Twitter

Joey Barton has caused controversy on Twitter yet again after labelling Emmanuel Frimpong a '####'. The Queens Park Rangers midfielder also called him 'stupid'.

More...

Crikey!
    A new "ism", MONGISM.
    And before anybody says something, hundreds of my mates happen to be #####, ALRIGHT?

Comment

Not really....

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
      Crikey!
      A new "ism", MONGISM.
      And before anybody says something, hundreds of my mates happen to be #####, ALRIGHT?
      Especially if any of them (100's of friends.. really?) have a relative who has Downs Syndrome.... very very antiquated and offensive terminology... Still, in some circles wife beating and child abuse are probably acceptable so each to their own I suppose....

Barton is vermin and again demonstrating that he is not only an embarrassment to himself but to the club as well....

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
        Especially if any of them (100's of friends.. really?) have a relative who has Downs Syndrome.... very very antiquated and offensive terminology... Still, in some circles wife beating and child abuse are probably acceptable so each to their own I suppose....

Barton is vermin and again demonstrating that he is not only an embarrassment to himself but to the club as well....
        Right, 1st one ticked off.

NEXT PLEASE!

Comment

This is what Joey said
          Joseph Barton‏@Joey7BartonReply
          Retweet

Favorite
          · Open

I am allowed to think people are thick. Saying #dench 50,000 times is dull. Think he's a good player and sad to see him injured. #frimpmong

Can't see the #### word?

Comment

"Joey Barton Tweets Something Offensive" as commonplace as "Water Is Wet"

Comment

If that's verbatim then....

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              This is what Joey said
              Joseph Barton‏@Joey7BartonReply
              Retweet

Favorite
              · Open

I am allowed to think people are thick. Saying #dench 50,000 times is dull. Think he's a good player and sad to see him injured. #frimpmong

Can't see the #### word?
              after the # he's called him frimp'####'.....

Comment

Barton could bottle it and claim a typo or he could be big enough to admit calling him Frimpmong was crass, unacceptable and unreservedly apologise. As far as I'm concerned words like Frimpmong, Frimp#### or Frimpflid (I've put Frimp in front to avoid getting "asterixed") is outrageous - on a par with "N" word and not what I'd expect to hear from our captain (or any adult).

Comment

Ricky Gervais tweeted calling someone a #### but was found to be inoffensive as the term has not been linked to Downs Syndrome for a long time. But again, certain people find offence in anything, especially where Barton is concerned. It's funny how these people ar always offended on someone else's behalf!

Comment

Frimpong was on Soccer AM and had apparently just paid Barton a compliment too.

Frimpong is famously a little bit...um..intellectually lacking, and I don't have a clue what the 'dench' stuff is all about, but that was fairly childish by Barton.

Not a great shock tbf

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
                      Ricky Gervais tweeted calling someone a #### but was found to be inoffensive as the term has not been linked to Downs Syndrome for a long time. But again, certain people find offence in anything, especially where Barton is concerned. It's funny how these people ar always offended on someone else's behalf!
                      Gervais used the term in a strange and indirect way; said things like "Good monging everyone". He faced a shitstorm of contraversy afterwards so I'm unclear how it was found to be inoffensive? Irrespective of the word morphing into a description of some sort of druggy haze it undoubtedly still has unsavoury conoitataions. Basically, any right minded pesron will find the term unacceptable and anybody who has a connection with someone who has Down's or Cerebal Palsy will be deeply upset and offended. This has got nothing to do with censorship or political correctness but everything to with simple respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
                        after the # he's called him frimp'####'.....
                        Oh sh*t sorry ahR i never noticed that apologies

Comment

i was watching soccer am when bartons tweet was read out on air just after frimpong had paid barton a compliment, what pisses me off is im getting nervous getting ready for the match which we need to win desperately but that bloke is ****ing about on twitter slagging someone off again when he should be focusing on the game ahead..his performances show he dont take his role and qpr seriously!

Comment

Captain Twitter wants to shut the **** up and concentrate on one thing only, keeping us in the league we've become accustomed to.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I think that...

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
                              You are talking tripe and as PedalR so eloquently stated there was a lot of public outcry towards Gervais who, is at least of an age whereby in his younger days the word #### was commonly used as a derogatory term.... this still does not excuse him but puts the situation into some level of context....

Barton is our club captain and from a generation whereby the use of this and similar terminology is as unacceptable as racist remarks... Obviously folk are going to make reference to what Barton is saying on here but not Gervais....

To be honest I think that you are more likely to be the sort of person who will pick the bones out of anyone who offers a reasoned argument as to why this is unacceptable....... I hope that I am not sitting near you when one of our black or foreign players makes a mistake.....

Comment

Working...
                              X