Beckford (yet again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckford (yet again)

I still think he could offer our team something.Two smartly taken goals (5 in the last two cup games) and a vast improvement on Bothroyd or Macheda.

If we were still in the championship

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      If we were still in the championship

That said, he's only ever been prlific in lge 1.

Comment

8 goals in the PL and moved to Leicester for more money, double I think. Its funny that i used to hear the same league 1 & championship crap on here about danny graham, grant holt, simeone jackson and steve morrison, but dont anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          8 goals in the PL and moved to Leicester for more money, double I think. Its funny that i used to hear the same league 1 & championship crap on here about danny graham, grant holt, simeone jackson and steve morrison, but dont anymore.
          Exactly

Comment

Difference between Holt and Graham is their manager rates them enough to pick them in the Prem because they have a high work rate and find the net. Moyes didn't and sold Beckford. Any takers from Prem sides who thought he was up to it? Nope.

So he goes to Leicester and has a run of 2 goals in 18 then gets dropped. Alarm bells ring?

Comment

Originally posted by Westbyfleetr View Post
              Difference between Holt and Graham is their manager rates them enough to pick them in the Prem because they have a high work rate and find the net. Moyes didn't and sold Beckford. Any takers from Prem sides who thought he was up to it? Nope.

So he goes to Leicester and has a run of 2 goals in 18 then gets dropped. Alarm bells ring?
              Spot on we have fans calling for a "prem class" manager and then want to saddle him with "league 1 class" players

Comment

He did Ok for Everton towards the end of last season, but to me he is a 50/50 player.

Anyway, Hughes is the Boss and not me..:shy:
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Would have Beckford over Macheda every day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    Would have Beckford over Macheda every day of the week.
                    i'd have qpr tea lady up front

tell me he doesn't look like an iron

Comment

He was awful for Everton. The difference with the names you mention is that they all proved themselves in the Championship first, something Beckford has not done. He's only ever scored well in the 3rd tier.

Comment

What about Kris Boyd if you give him the service he scores the goals unattached
                        Got to be worth a punt look at his stats vs any Scottish striker and still only 28

Comment

Originally posted by cocneycowboy View Post
                          What about Kris Boyd if you give him the service he scores the goals unattached
                          Got to be worth a punt look at his stats vs any Scottish striker and still only 28
                          Not for me

Comment

Working...
                          X