No announcement yet.

what would you be happy with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play-Offs or at least a massive challange for play offs right up til the last game. Make it exciting nail biting season.

Comment

HH & Pat to rediscover their goalscoring boots and we finish 2nd :exciting:

Comment

top 6, double over watford, beat a prem team at home in the fa cup im happy

play off win - im thrilled

automatic - jubilant

champions - ill wake up then

Comment

My expectations from this squad is more goals, more wins and no 0-0 draws.

It would be good if QPR could make the top 6 and to be fair, I don't think there is really much between many of the sides in this division.

QPR seem to have enough creativity in midfield with Buzsaky, Taarabt, Routledge & Faurlin. Ephraim, Alberti and Cook along with Vine who could be added to the midfield on the left wing, are also capable if creating chances. The question is, are Helgusson, Agyemang or Pellicori (if he signs) going to be good enough to finish off the chances.

I think QPR's main weakness this season will be in defence.

Delaney has yet to be replaced and I don't think that Borrowdale is up to the job and that Connolly would be wasted, and could even struggle, if he was used as a full time left back.

WBA have a very good squad, but have a new manager and might not get off to a good start. Although, will soon find their form, if the do struggle to adapt to Di Matteo.

Newcastle have loads of off the field problems, but on paper at least, still have a very good squad. Martins, Duff, Barton,Taylor, Harper, Bassong, Collocini, Guitirez etc are still at the club and if they stay they certainly have enough ability to play in the CCC. Whether they have the bottle and discipline remains to be seen.

Middlesboro, also have a good squad, and shouldn't have as much trouble scoring in the CCC as they did in the Prem. Although some of their squad will be sold and Downing has already gone, they should still have a squad good enough to challenge, especially with the likes of Wheater, Bates, Aliadiare and Johnson.

Sheff Utd are my tip for the title. They have the manager and the squad to win the league and the addition of Ched Evans could prove to be the icing on the cake.

Cardiff & Reading should still be amongst the challengers. Bristol City & Preston could again get close to the top 6.

Forest have spent big and look to have the fire power and the midfield to make a strong challenge. Billy Davies has guided Derby to a P/O win before, can he do the same at Forest?

My predictions

Champions - Sheff Utd
          Runners-up - Middlesboro
          P/Offs - WBA, Reading, QPR, Forest (winners)

Comment

forest wont make play-offs. id be happy with a couple of wembley days out. fa cup final and play-off final! lol

Comment

our away form will be very important. i'd be happy with a play off position and season not ending in March
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                our away form will be very important. i'd be happy with a play off position and season not ending in March
                If we don't finish in the play offs will you be campaigning for the manager to get a sack again ?
                We Are The People.....

Comment

That old chestnut.

end of the season, if we finished mid-table it would only be right to be questioning the manager, I hope you would do the same.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Would you blame Jim?
                    I would blame the board for not funding a striker as I don't believe the decision regarding the italian was Jim's. I know shoot me down but just MHO.
                    He knows this league inside out and there would be no reason unless other influence's that he would bring in a unknown italian that has never played in the championship. Our chances this season are hope as we don't really have a clue how he will handle it and I think all our hope's are with Picilli for promotion I honestly do. No point in changing yet another manager if things don't work out.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      That old chestnut.

end of the season, if we finished mid-table it would only be right to be questioning the manager, I hope you would do the same.
                      It all comes down to expectations I expect us to finish midtable with the squad we have but would like a top ten finish but I also know that we need stability and that a manager needs time to build a squad
                      We Are The People.....

Comment

weareqpr12.

End of August is when transfer deadline closes. Think you can get a loan pretty anytime after that, then transfer window opens again in january. We have goals running through this team, you should stop comparing it with last season.

Anyway, the real point is plenty of time to get a striker in if tarrabt fails to deliver alongside Vine and others.

Comment

tarrabt should be playing on the wing. A guy went to the game against Oxford. The name I have forgotten. He said Tarrabt can beat players but his finishing looks poor. Lets not try and transform a decent winger in the hope for a decent striker.

Comment

I'm sure we can judge after 5-6 games and still have time to get in a striker if it does not work

Comment

We need to get off to a good start. We don't have time to experiment this league next season will be much tougher than last.

Comment

I admit im a bit surprised by answers,i expected way more "automatic promotion" answers,so good to see many are realistic about our chances.I predict an 8th place finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X