No announcement yet.

Appreciation to the Manager and the Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is a quality signing and i can;t wait to see him play, hopefully against Chelsea, although the interview on Player mentioned waiting for his visa, which he hopes to get in the next couple of days to allow him to play in that game.

He'll end up top scorer too so kill two birds with one stone.

My only concern is if we have no pre agreed option to buy in the summer, another club will come in for him becasue he will set the prem alight i'm sure...

Comment

I heard we have a £3.5m agreement to buy in the summer.

Read it online earlier will have to try dig it out.

Comment

This is the basic content of an e-mail I received from a client of mine from Italy who is also an AC fan.

Don't be fooled by the fact he "didn't make it" at Milan. He suffered a mid term injury shortly after coming here and never settled because he obviously lost his place in the team as a result.
        Arsenal lined up for him before you asked due to a supposed injury crisis there? Taiwo apparently turned them down flat because he is desperate for regular first team football and thought he would be sacked by Wenger as soon as his own first choice players returned to fitness. It's said he has been greatly upset by his treatment at Milan as he is a better LB than either Antonini or Zambrotta but simply hasn't had a look in since his injury.
        He has a great desire to prove Allegri wrong.

Make of that assessment what you like but it all sounds positive except the fact his match fitness may be below par?
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          This is the basic content of an e-mail I received from a client of mine from Italy who is also an AC fan.

Don't be fooled by the fact he "didn't make it" at Milan. He suffered a mid term injury shortly after coming here and never settled because he obviously lost his place in the team as a result.
          Arsenal lined up for him before you asked due to a supposed injury crisis there? Taiwo apparently turned them down flat because he is desperate for regular first team football and thought he would be sacked by Wenger as soon as his own first choice players returned to fitness. It's said he has been greatly upset by his treatment at Milan as he is a better LB than either Antonini or Zambrotta but simply hasn't had a look in since his injury.
          He has a great desire to prove Allegri wrong.

Make of that assessment what you like but it all sounds positive except the fact his match fitness may be below par?
          Mate, the more i read about him the more i like. The fact he has a great attitude as well as a hunger and desire to play is so refreshing compared to so many football mercenaries you see nowadays.

Ric, i hope you're right about that option to buy, I think when he first came on the radar there was mention of it, similar to the Henrique deal, ie can't lose, if we stay up we sign him, if we're relegated we don't and therefore aren't saddled with wages in the championship. My only concern is i've not heard anything mentioned since, and if we haven't secured a first choice option as part of this deal, then it will prove to be a massive oversight as any of the big boys could come in for him once he destroys the prem.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Mate, the more i read about him the more i like. The fact he has a great attitude as well as a hunger and desire to play is so refreshing compared to so many football mercenaries you see nowadays.

Ric, i hope you're right about that option to buy, I think when he first came on the radar there was mention of it, similar to the Henrique deal, ie can't lose, if we stay up we sign him, if we're relegated we don't and therefore aren't saddled with wages in the championship. My only concern is i've not heard anything mentioned since, and if we haven't secured a first choice option as part of this deal, then it will prove to be a massive oversight as any of the big boys could come in for him once he destroys the prem.
            I agree Del - and people who follow his last 2 employers speak highly of him so I am looking forward to seeing him play for us. I'll guess we won't sign a better player in this window
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              I agree Del - and people who follow his last 2 employers speak highly of him so I am looking forward to seeing him play for us. I'll guess we won't sign a better player in this window
              Some would seem to think he's the best in his position in World football.... Doubt we'll be able to say that about any future signing, possibly ever...

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Being an x **** man he's gotta prove his allegiance to us 1st by knocking them out of the cup sat!
                Doubt it fella as it said on the official that Saturday's game might be too soon for him to make his debute.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                  I heard we have a £3.5m agreement to buy in the summer.

Read it online earlier will have to try dig it out.
                  Hope so as it would be typical of us to give him the stage and then lose him after his loan ends to a bigger club with us getting nothing in return!

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                    It all seems so subdued.

I know there was some previous about him arriving - and I know that given the situation we're in that there is naturally going to be a slight sense of entitlement (backed by the Mittal's, Tony etc.) - but lets give it up for the board.

But we've just signed Taye Taiwo FFS! Taye bloody Taiwo! That's bordering on monumental for us. The gulf between what we have (Clinty bless him) and this guy is as big it gets!

The Gunners are spewing! The s(um are spewing!

Well done to all those in charge and thank you very much. Today is a great day to be a Ranger
                    Entitlement? I was sweating blood we'd manage to get somebody half decent in soon.

It's a fantastic start to my morning! In all these years it's one of the very best signings we've ever made imo. Hope we can keep him long term if it all goes according to plan.

Ok, on goes fifa 2012, and he'll be going straight in to my starting lineup. Sorry Clint, i will genuinely miss you.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                        Bump
                        Two good defenders in,now we need decent midfielder ,a winger and most importantly a quality striker,then I will sing the praises of the board and sign your thread

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                          Doubt it fella as it said on the official that Saturday's game might be too soon for him to make his debute.
                          I was talking about Hughes Dazzer.
                          I get very confused must be me age

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

fernandes and Amit we salute you!

they are walking the walk and keeping promises! So far since tony took over we've signed Barton Swp young traore Ferdinand Taiwo Nedum diakite cisse names we could only dream of in the last ten years! Feel like I'm dreaming and can't believe its happening to us!

Thank you so much tony and Amit. Best board ever! :-)

Comment

Hold right there... it's not over till it's over.

Comment

Working...
                                X