Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henrique has got his work permit but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Del good post mate & as usual some very good points.

I fully agree with getting in young talent to nurture for the future because as you say that will be a big part of QPR in the coming years hopefully. My problem is this, is it really the time to be getting ourselves into a drawn out affair with the home office / FA etc 6 days before the most important transfer window in 15 years is about to shut?

You are right we have no guarantees on how he will perform but according to reports I have read that are all basically singing from the same hymn sheet and also from a poster on here who lives in Brazil this kid doesn't sound like the prodigy some are expecting him to be. Hughes does have an eye for talent granted but its more the timing of this for me. I would feel a lot more confident of survival if we were putting all our efforts into getting an established Premiership forward.

Comment

Ric, agree 100% that we shouldn't devote more time than we can afford on this, and he certainly shouldn't be considered be the "answer" for keeping us up. That said i'd like to think we have different parties able to negotiate with different clubs for different players concurently, therefore making this feasible, but not at the expense of another potential deal.

I would hope, and expect, that the plan if to get in established players, and also get Henrique as a possible "rough diamond" to quote one of TF's terms, that can be turned into something really special, and a massive asset at that....

We'll see i guess, but let's hope for a few of RSC, Zarate, Henrique, Pienaar, Krancjar, Samba, Alex, Onoura, Bassong etc etc.
      Last edited by Del; 25-01-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

we need to stop messing around now. RSC, problem solved.

Comment

I wish we along with other clubs would look at young home grown talent, there really is some quality out there that we could get on loan, and these boys are used to the style we play and need less time to settle at a new club.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Ric , I always respect your opinions on here but i think you're missing the point. Hughes identified this kid immediately as someone he wants, therefore must have seen somethign that he really likes and be very confident he will be ideal for the prem.

If a bit of perseverance is required to get his first target then it is surely time well spent if it comes off.

Also, who's to say he couldn't do a job immediately...? He's just been voted best player in a tournament with most of the best young talent in the world playing. The fact he has struggled to break into a top Brazil side shouldn't lead us to assume he couldn't be good for us as there must be loads of really good players over there that we never hear about and it must be hard to break through. We on the other hand have the likes of Mackie, Smith, Bothroyd, DJ Campbell playing for us.... none of which i'd class as top flight players.

Also, you need to take into account the whole plan for the club is a building project which will take years to come to fruition, so if MH wants this kid here, even if he may not be a top player for 2-3 years then we should embrace that and develope him. Many top european clubs take south americans at a very young age, knowing they won't be ready for years, because they are confident they will be good in the long run... Messi went to Barca at 13 for example.

Anyway, MH has an eye for an overseas player as he's proven, and if he wants, we should get. Some extra negotiation between certain powers that be will not stop us sourcing other targtes also.
            Wise words Del boy. And 'they' said he'd be the sort of player that could help us develop in the future, i don't think he's their attempt to get us enough goals to stay up.

For me, i'd be pleased to have somebody with only one name like Henrique, because it sounds cool ike Zico and Socrates used to when i was young. Always wanted a Brazilian player with only one name.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
              I wish we along with other clubs would look at young home grown talent, there really is some quality out there that we could get on loan, and these boys are used to the style we play and need less time to settle at a new club.
              Very true mate. Hopefully once we get the training complex and academy sorted, we will start to develop and nurture young talent to serve us well.

We need to look at the Southampton model. in the last few years they produced Walcott, Bale and Oxlade Chamerlain who they've made fortunes on, not to mention there must be plenty in the current side that could quite possible get them back to back promotions as Norwich did.... Can't argue with that.

Comment

Working...
              X