Use the money we would have on Alex to get Samba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use the money we would have on Alex to get Samba

We were 'rumoured' to have bid £7.5m for Samba & £4m for Alex.

Blow Blackburn out of the water & get Samba on board ASAP.

No matter what the bid, they will hold out until the very end of the window. They need him as long as they can keep him.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Are youseriously advocating we spank £11.5m on Samba.....

Complete waste of good money. The Alex thing has dragged on for over a week now and you can bet that our backroom team will have identified alternatives that represent good value to turn their attentions to. That won't be blowing most of our budget on one decent defender just becasue the selling club put a silly price on his head.

Comment

Can see BRFC digging their heels in massively with this one & IF it was going to happen can see it being deadline day when it all comes to a head for all parties. Then you have to remember others are likely to jump in for him to.

Selling him is sealing Blackburn's fate but also settling a big debt so which way do they go?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
          Can see BRFC digging their heels in massively with this one & IF it was going to happen can see it being deadline day when it all comes to a head for all parties. Then you have to remember others are likely to jump in for him to.

Selling him is sealing Blackburn's fate but also settling a big debt so which way do they go?
          Exactly what I thought. I'm pretty sure the Venky's would see the instant money. I don't think Kean would have a say in it.

Del, Samba is a top quality centre half. There is a lack of decent centre halves who would be willing to join us & would instantly go for European football. If we can get one now, we have to get them. It could be our last chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

We all know and they know they can't keep him beyond Jan... .no point, he will go on strike and distupt the club's attempt to survive.

It will go to the wire, but i think this is actually a crafty one by the Venkys to further shaft their fans. It's widely reported they've been demanded to pay the bank, and we all feel that they will sell to do this. I think they will hold out to the end of the window not for any chance of a stay of execution from Samba, but simply so Venkys can instruct Kean to say it became untenable in the end and we had to sell Samba, but we didn't then have time to buy anyone to replace him.

In other words Venkys don't want to sell early as the fans will call for the cash to be reinvested, which they don't want to do. They delay until no chance to sign anyne else and then pay off the bank quietly with the money before getting back to their life in India and show no interest in the club as usual....

They will get a shock come may when they find out teams get relegated off the gravy train. If only they'd paid attention sooner...

Comment

Originally posted by hhrangers View Post
              Del, Samba is a top quality centre half. There is a lack of decent centre halves who would be willing to join us & would instantly go for European football. If we can get one now, we have to get them. It could be our last chance.
              I know he's quality, but even so, i don't want us to blow most of our budget just on him at the expenses of additional signings around the pitch.

He's been in Blackburn's team all season and they are in the relegation zone below us which proves the point he can't do it on his own.

If it's Samba at silly money plus maybe 1 other player, or say Onoura / Bassong at a bargain price plus maybe 3 other players, i know which i'd opt for.

Comment

Looking more like Collins at Villa then...

Comment

i read last week that the bank advised them not to sell Samba as he was their biggest asset, selling would give the impression they are a selling club and put off potential investors

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Wouldnt mind that tbh, be alot more confident in him than Gabbidon or Hall thats for sure.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Wasn't Collins a target when Warnock was here....?

Not sure he would be a MH preference.

Comment

They will look to do their utmost to cast Samba in the worst possible light before this happens, but I wouldn't yet rule the transfer out if he digs his heels in. Agree that it'll be last day of the window if so though.

Comment

I'll say again. The Venkeys are still plenty rich. They can afford not to sell Samba if they decide to subsidise Blackburn to protect their investment. I really don't think it's a given that he'll be sold. I could be wrong though, he might go to Spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                            No matter what the bid, they will hold out until the very end of the window. They need him as long as they can keep him.
                            Why when he is on strike?

Comment

Is he on strike tho? Its been rumoured that he might go on strike and that he was late for training the other day.

Re Collins - most of our targets haven't changed since Hughes came in - makes you wonder whose targets they really were, and whether Hughes hasn't been directing transfer operations for quite a few weeks. Not with 100% success so far, admittedly.

Comment

Working...
                              X