Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has buzsaky not featured more this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dazzer getting served up......
    Hahahaha

Comment

• A lot of people on here have views that are too black or white, there are a lot of grey areas in between. Dazzer, you still haven't answered if you have ever had proper coaching, or played at a decent level? I think those things help a lot with understanding who is good.

As for the Ale/Buzz debate, they are different. I think we need Buzz more than Ale though, because Buzz will get you 10 goals a season and Ale won't. I think if we had a better team, maybe that would be slightly less important, i don't know. I think Buzz and Ale together would be fantastic. But technically, Buzz is a better footballer. That is what I was saying. The way he strikes a ball is a pleasure to watch. Ale is a quality player too so it is a moot point really.

Buzz is not slow, where does this idea come from? It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stedders View Post
        A lot of people on here have views that are too black or white, there are a lot of grey areas in between. Dazzer, you still haven't answered if you have ever had proper coaching, or played at a decent level? I think those things help a lot with understanding who is good.

As for the Ale/Buzz debate, they are different. I think we need Buzz more than Ale though, because Buzz will get you 10 goals a season and Ale won't. I think if we had a better team, maybe that would be slightly less important, i don't know. I think Buzz and Ale together would be fantastic. But technically, Buzz is a better footballer. That is what I was saying. The way he strikes a ball is a pleasure to watch. Ale is a quality player too so it is a moot point really.

Buzz is not slow, where does this idea come from? It's ridiculous.
        Spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
          If you want people on here to respect you or your opinions more, i'd suggest you try not to insult them on mass, by referring to them as muppets and saying they are clueless for daring to have a different opinion to you.

For starters most people aren't saying he's better than Faurlin, but a different type of player, with different stengths. Some of those strengths are far superior to Faurlin and compliment Bartons game, such as his ability in the final 3rd. Please don't try to suggest Faurlin is better at shooting than Buz....

Just because someone states something you agree with i wouldn't then insult others. As i said above, to use arguably the 2 fastest Prem players as an example and say Buz wouldn't keep up is a massively flawed argument anyway, as 99% of players wouldn't keep up, but i wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Finally, if prem football is all about pace as the be all and end all, why do you talk up Faurlin at all, as he's probably slower than Buzsaky, not to mention countless other central midfielders who have never been blessed with pace who have done fine. I suppose, as it doesn't fit with your "statement of fact", you'll tell us all Paul Scholes was a rubbish player becasue he wasn't quick?

Your Teddy Sheringham comment proves to everyone, if they didn't already know, you should really look in the mirror before suggesting others are clueless...
          Brilliantly put, totally agree.

Comment

• Not read the whole thread granted but i actually kind of agree with Dazzer in some way. ( Ducks for cover.....)

After his 15 minute cameo v West Brom where he looked lost - loads of people on here slated Buzz saying he was useless, out his depth, not good enough etc etc. Now people are saying he is a world beater!

I never wrote him off after that bad cameo, and by the same token i will not say all of a sudden say what a great player and he is 100% good enough for the Premiership after 1 great performance on Saturday.

Yes he was superb v Wigan. Deserved plaudits for the game Sat and could do no more. But he needs a few more good games against a better standard of oppostion to be considered a genuine Premiership player. Am not saying he won't play well in the next few games and i really hope he does as he has earned his place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
              If you want people on here to respect you or your opinions more, i'd suggest you try not to insult them on mass, by referring to them as muppets and saying they are clueless for daring to have a different opinion to you.

For starters most people aren't saying he's better than Faurlin, but a different type of player, with different stengths. Some of those strengths are far superior to Faurlin and compliment Bartons game, such as his ability in the final 3rd. Please don't try to suggest Faurlin is better at shooting than Buz....

Just because someone states something you agree with i wouldn't then insult others. As i said above, to use arguably the 2 fastest Prem players as an example and say Buz wouldn't keep up is a massively flawed argument anyway, as 99% of players wouldn't keep up, but i wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Finally, if prem football is all about pace as the be all and end all, why do you talk up Faurlin at all, as he's probably slower than Buzsaky, not to mention countless other central midfielders who have never been blessed with pace who have done fine. I suppose, as it doesn't fit with your "statement of fact", you'll tell us all Paul Scholes was a rubbish player becasue he wasn't quick?

Your Teddy Sheringham comment proves to everyone, if they didn't already know, you should really look in the mirror before suggesting others are clueless...
              Spot on mate. It makes you laugh that one person on his own seems to think his opinion is far superior to any other.

Ali is class, and as I've maintained, so is Buzz. Buzz is better going forward, and Ali is better at the defensive side. Whilst there isn't a huge amount in it, Ali is the better passer, whereas Buzz is the better set-piece taker, and better shooter out of the two by a distance.

Overall, alongside Barton, Buzz gives us more balance in the 4-4-2 formation, but if Adel gets to resume his role behind the striker, Ali next to Barton in support is the better option.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                Not read the whole thread granted but i actually kind of agree with Dazzer in some way. ( Ducks for cover.....)

After his 15 minute cameo v West Brom where he looked lost - loads of people on here slated Buzz saying he was useless, out his depth, not good enough etc etc. Now people are saying he is a world beater!

I never wrote him off after that bad cameo, and by the same token i will not say all of a sudden say what a great player and he is 100% good enough for the Premiership after 1 great performance on Saturday.

Yes he was superb v Wigan. Deserved plaudits for the game Sat and could do no more. But he needs a few more good games against a better standard of oppostion to be considered a genuine Premiership player. Am not saying he won't play well in the next few games and i really hope he does as he has earned his place.

I don't think anyone's saying he's a world beater, but that he's good enough to play in the prem. Comparisons can be made for any player, and of course he's not likely to cut it against the very best players, but neither will countless other players in the league. That's why said best players stand out, they can dominate against all others.

Real Madrid's players repeatedly fail to match up to Barca's, but nobody can say they are not good enough players, it's simply they aren't as good as the opposing team's players.

Buz and Faurlin both have enough in their locker to compete in this division against 3/4 of the sides, no doubt. The other 1/4 will dominate against everyone else more often than not.

As for past cameo's where he'd had bad moments, nobody is denying that, but he was cast aside and confidence shot by Warnock, 5 mins here and there will hardly be easy to recover that. We all knew hw was a better player than that, but was just making basic errors totally out of character. Now he's got a manager that's got confidence in him, and giving him a fair crack of the whip, he is playing as we always knew he could and it's refreshing to say the least.

I don't know why people on here can't just be thankful of that and move forward, rather than try to slate the guy suggesting it's a flash in the pan. Agreed Wigan are no top side, but that game had more pressure than playing against any of the top half of the table as it was far more crucial being a must win 6 pointer. class players step up in that situation to be counted and he certainly did. I don't see that performance as a one off, but more a sign that our former fans favourite has got his game back and is being given the chance to show it.

He will only get fitter and sharper the more he plays and i think Hughes knows that hence he's taken him off before the end of the last couple of games with the next in mind.

Also for the record, at the beginning of the season when Buz started a couple of games, he was arguably our best player in both. Faurlin was actually the player who looked out of sorts and struggled with the pace of tha game and gave the ball away or got caught in posession many times, outr of character. When the new players signed, many suggested he should be the one to drop out for Barton.

That didn't happen, Faurlin was given time and flourished, got used to the pace and proved to be a class act. To suggest Buzsaky can't do exactly the same is very shortsighted.

Either way, i find it rather sad that certain people on here would seem to want him to fail in order to prove some sort of point and be able to say I told you so..... who needs supporters like that?
                Last edited by Del; 24-01-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X