The way I understand the events surrounding Warnock's sacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way I understand the events surrounding Warnock's sacking

So this is the way i understand it Barton unhappy with the unprofessionalism of the coaching staff at Queens Park Rangers goes to the Board and informs them off the carry on and if it continues we are on a one way to ticket back to Championship and they need to sort it out.

Barton raises concerns about the coaching staff coming into work still hung over or half pissed from the night before and that the manager is spending half his time living in Cornwall during the week when he should be on the training pitch...along with concerns above the actual standards of coaching.

So the Board concerned approach NW who tells them everything is ok and then NW pulls JB to one side to tell him to wind his neck in. By this point Warnock is losing the dressing room, public dressing downs of Traore and Faurlin do not go down well with the squad along with the handling off Taarabt.....futher tensions from this point probably developed along with the poor performances over Xmas led to NW sacking

Now whether you believe that to be true its up to you but it's in the right boll park IMO. Now if this the case then maybe just maybe our PL survival may end up owing a debt off gratitude to Barton in the same way we owe Warnock a debt gratitude for getting us here in the first place.
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 20-01-2012, 11:10 PM.

I also suspect other senior players were consulted before Warnock's sacking

Comment

Comment

I will hold my hands up and say I never wanted Warnock sacked but the more that has come out, and on the basis its true, I think the board made the right decision

Will always hold him in high regard but some of the stuff tonight about Joey does not sit easy with me. I think under Hughes he will hopefully go to another level

Comment

Whats a boll park? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gravesendhoop View Post
            Whats a boll park? :-)
            american saying for about right
            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              So this is the way i understand it Barton unhappy with the unprofessionalism of the coaching staff at Queens Park Rangers goes to the Board and informs them off the carry on and if it continues we are on a one way to ticket back to Championship and they need to sort it out.

Barton raises concerns about the coaching staff coming into work still hung over or half pissed from the night before and that the manager is spending half his time living in Cornwall during the week when he should be on the training pitch...along with concerns above the actual standards of coaching.

So the Board concerned approach NW who tells them everything is ok and then NW pulls JB to one side to tell him to wind his neck in. By this point Warnock is losing the dressing room, public dressing downs of Traore and Faurlin do not go down well with the squad along with the handling off Taarabt.....futher tensions from this point probably developed along with the poor performances over Xmas led to NW sacking

Now whether you believe that to be true its up to you but it's in the right boll park IMO. Now if this the case then maybe just maybe our PL survival may end up owing a debt off gratitude to Barton in the same way we owe Warnock a debt gratitude for getting us here in the first place.

What was Warnock doing wrong concerning the handling of Taarabt??
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

If other senior players were consulted, it feels like it has a touch of et tu Brute about it.
                Would be awful if it was et tu Derry or et tu Clint.
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                  american saying for about right

Comment

Barton, gobshite that he is gets the stick, because as usual he is voicing his side of things totaly without a care to anyone elses sensibilities or consequences.

Several other players felt the same, but Barton is the only one to voice it publicly

Comment

W12, the new qblockpete, well itk

Joking aside If that is the real series of events then maybe your right, Barton has done the right thing. Not acceptable to be absent from training and for that reason alone the board were to right to axe him. Personally think he dealt with adel the right way, he wasn't performing, the spurs game inparticular he was shocking and was letting the team down. Along with his attitude pre-season I think warnock took the right decision, enough is enough.

What ****s me off most is I'm yet to see or hear anything from Barton which indicates he's at the club for the right reasons and has
                      Our interest at heart, not his own

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Charles View Post
                        Barton, gobshite that he is gets the stick, because as usual he is voicing his side of things totaly without a care to anyone elses sensibilities or consequences.

Several other players felt the same, but Barton is the only one to voice it publicly

Spot on. Especially before an important Game for us supporters.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

W12 thanks for that, I know you've stated it's your opinion but I'm guessing you haven't just made that up in your head.
                          So from that then it was player power that done for NW.Can I ask what was NW's handling of the Taarabt situation, cause I thought JB was one of many players p*ssed off with him,
                          and his childish ways?

Comment

Tony Fernandes rang a lot of the players after the MK game.

The next day he was sacked. Make of that what you will.

Comment

Player power then Ric

Comment

Working...
                              X