Dont Expect Any Signings Before Jan 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Expect Any Signings Before Jan 30th

We should all know better that most first bids will be rejected and most of the transfers will be done in the last 48 hours of the window

Ignore all these bids being rejected as its just a silly game clubs play to get the maximum for there players

We will have to make do for now with the players we got for the next few weeks

Well according to some we will be as good as down then.
    I thought it was a good move to do business early in the window.

Comment

Stay calm

Comment

yes always the way. The transfer window should be 2 days! First few weeks just used by agents to hold back and get club into a corner and make a better deal for the player.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Prob just means we have to go back and pay Alex a bit more money. Players are jockeying for better clubs and we are jockeying for better players.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Prob just means we have to go back and pay Alex a bit more money. Players are jockeying for better clubs and we are jockeying for better players.
            The way I've read it is that we've agreed personal terms with the player, it's the transfer fee we're haggling with Chelsea over.

Comment

We need players NOW with the run of must win games we have coming up.

And IMO there should be no transfer windows,just transfers 365 days a year.Windows drive prices up.Clubs know they are on a time restraint so can hold out until the the last minute for maximum price.

With no window prices would drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
                The way I've read it is that we've agreed personal terms with the player, it's the transfer fee we're haggling with Chelsea over.
                avb said it aswel, that we were negotiating but hadnt agreed the fee which is bizarre

but surely if we hadnt agreed terms with alex we still wouldnt be haggling? cos if he turned us down would be no point pursuing?

Comment

surely you never (officially, anyway) talk to the player before a fee is agreed - hence the debacle over Onouha? I thought the prob with Alex was we agreed a fee and wages but then a prob showed up in his medical so we tried to renegotiate (the wages I thought and not the fee). Cd be complete rubbish tho.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    surely you never (officially, anyway) talk to the player before a fee is agreed - hence the debacle over Onouha? I thought the prob with Alex was we agreed a fee and wages but then a prob showed up in his medical so we tried to renegotiate (the wages I thought and not the fee). Cd be complete rubbish tho.
                    No apparently they gave us permission to talk to him before a fee was agreed. SSN reported that afee was agreed last week but it was denied by Chelsea.

Said the other day this is stupid becasue by agreeing terms with the player and doing medicals etc, we've shown our hand, obviously we want him so they can say give us £7m to recoup most of the Cahill fee....

Should've nailed the fee first so they can't then have us over a barrel!

Comment

Prob we got everyone thinks we got cash and want to extract as much of it as possible cos they know we are desperate

Comment

Fair enough, didn't know that.

But still think we need to hold our nerve. We have missed Wigan now anyway. Then got a couple of weeks before our next league match. No point buying Alex for 7m if there is a chance of getting him for 3m. We will prob have to compromise a bit but no reason why we should pay Chelsea the entire fee they spent on Cahill when their manager has already made clear he thinks Alex is a waste of space.

Comment

and in relegation zone doesn't help. We need players up for a fight.

Comment

Working...
                          X