No announcement yet.

Warnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is the only person who is always right Dave.

Comment

Has your wife committed bigamy? because I think I'm married to her too!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Has your wife committed bigamy? because I think I'm married to her too!

Comment

Brighton I'm surprised at you really am, normally so sensible.
          Gabbidon, Bothroyd, Cambell, Dyer, Perone were all signed before any money was available, and Murphy.As for puncheon don't know but I do know that a hellva lot of posters were delighted hogan got left out ,I was not one and I'm not saying you were either.
          It is all opinions but I can present a fact to you regarding your defensive coaching comment, Swansea have let in 23 goals which is excellent,... but have only managed 3pts away from home
          QPR have let in 33 goals
          Norwich have let in 34 goals, ...yes one more than us!
          So does that make Lambert a better manager?
          The difference is they are scoring goals we are missing them.Their defensive weakness is covered up by that.Point is alot of teams are struggling to keep out the goals, and 10 of ours have come in 2 games
          So what exactly are trying to say that because you have no money you sign players that are clearly not good enough for the premier league. Unfortunately transfer money or not those players need to be paid considerable amounts and take up a place in the 25 man squad. You seem to state posters know nothing then defend the Puncheon signing and the leaving out of Eprum by saying many on here wanted those things. Fact is Warnock has a average record re signings and particularly regarding strikers so why trust him with our hopes of survival in this window.

So why do you think he signed Puncheon and Perone and yet let Gorks go.

Re your goals conceded comment wht you don't seem to realise is a manager sets his team up to play in a certain way. You are right they have scored more goals so clearly their managers can set their teams up to score goals but also defend only slightly worse than us. The result being they have more points the only statistic that will matter at the end of the season.

One other point why do you think it is that the players he brought in on deadline day looked so good in their first few games yet have deteriated since, do you not think it a coincidence that the longer thy have been with Warnock the worse they appear to have got.

Comment

Right I don't know if you've noticed but the more consistent and quality players cost more money.NW had no money but we had to fill a 25 man squad, so you have to take a gamble on what you're going to get, but having said that you can pay millions and it is still a gamble.
            Where did I say posters know nothing?...I was trying to say I don't know why he signed Puncheon, but was just pointing out alot of posters didn't think Hogan was good enough,
            and was saying that maybe those posters might have preferred Hogan stayed afterall.
            Letting Gorkss go can only put that down to his opinion, although didn't he say it was the only player anyone showed any interest in buying and he was trying to raise funds.
            I do realise managers set teams up to play a certain way thanks, did you realise some managers set their teams up to counter the way we play?
            Now when we went to Arsenal did you think we should just say hey they play nice we'll do the same, cause we'll score loads and probably win.They have better players and if we just go head to head we'll lose.
            As for your last point yes I think you're right,.... it is a coincidence

Comment

Right I don't know if you've noticed but the more consistent and quality players cost more money.NW had no money but we had to fill a 25 man squad, so you have to take a gamble on what you're going to get, but having said that you can pay millions and it is still a gamble.
              Where did I say posters know nothing?...I was trying to say I don't know why he signed Puncheon, but was just pointing out alot of posters didn't think Hogan was good enough,
              and was saying that maybe those posters might have preferred Hogan stayed afterall.
              Letting Gorkss go can only put that down to his opinion, although didn't he say it was the only player anyone showed any interest in buying and he was trying to raise funds.
              I do realise managers set teams up to play a certain way thanks, did you realise some managers set their teams up to counter the way we play?
              Now when we went to Arsenal did you think we should just say hey they play nice we'll do the same, cause we'll score loads and probably win.They have better players and if we just go head to head we'll lose.
              Would you play SWP on the right (his most effective position) or do what NW does by playing him on the left or in the middle ?
              Last edited by paulmason; 01-01-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Ok lets go at this a different way Paul, SWP is a right winger and it probably says this on his cv.Neil Warnock has been in the game what 40/ 50 years?
                So do you not think there is a reason that he doesn't play SWP on the right, because he's not stupid.Now I know you're already typing that he does this to accommodate Mackie but why?...There must be a reason he wants Mackie in there other than just liking him.

Comment

Sorry but just don't understand you logic.

Even if you have no money you don't sign players that are either worse than those you already have (Perone) or that you re not going to play (puncheon). In fact if you have no money you have to be even more careful with your signings.

You say the Gorks one was down to his opinion and I agree and his opinion is what he will be judged on.

Sorry but if teams set up their teams to counter our play then are you suggesting Warnock just accepts that and we loose, unfortunately that often seems to be the case as he has no plan B. Good managers will see what the opposition are doing and change accordingly hence the likes of Mancini and mouriniho who will subs players in the first half.

Re Arsenal game actually thought he did pretty well tactically, kept a high line with the distances between the midfield and defense small making it hard for them to play through us. Indeed with a bit better finishing and a little luck we could have got something.

Unfortunately he has been found wanting in many games, he will not be sacked and he will be remembered as the manager who took us down not the one who got us promoted. Everyone should know their limits and his was the Championship.

No pedigree in the prem and a poor record re transfers when last in this league and generally.
                  Last edited by rickyranger; 01-01-2012, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I think the signings before the takeover was as I have said free, and it was looking like we were going with last year's team and youth players, and as already said all signings are a gamble, and when you're dealing in the free-bee market it just get's harder, this is only my take on it but I'm trying to give you the only explanation I can think of.
                    Changing tactics you also have to have the players to do it, and he obviously don't think we have.
                    Agree with you that he will be judged on his opinion and that we played ok at Arsenal
                    I really don't want us to be relegated believe me, I'm used to supporting a top flight QPR
                    since I was a kid, and after 15 long F**king years away I wanna stay put, but I'm not sure now is the time to change the whole setup

Comment

I do understand the loyalty thing and think its pretty clear we both want us to stay up so I would be very happy to be proved wrong if Warnock stays and we are still a prem side next season, and I am sure you would be the same if it were the other way round.

Whatever it is clear the next few games are crucial lets hope the signings are inspired and we keep our prem status. After 40odd years and 15 away I was kind of hoping for a longer stay than one season.

Comment

Good man Ricky and if we change the manager and stay up I will post you a "you were right" message.
                        As you say most important thing is survival.

Comment

Working...
                        X