I like Hogan's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sideshowrob View Post
    It is very hard to say that Hogan would or would not have made it in the Prem unless he actually got the chance. I personally feel he would prove to be lighweight and not make an impact but we may have been wrong.

One thing that no one can doubt is that Hogan is a top lad and pro.
    Exactly, if he'd had a run of games and failed dysmally then slate him, but he never got his chance to prove one way or the other. The lightweight thing doesn't wash as the Championship is physically harder than the prem.

Also all the tosh about he couldn't get a place in a team in the 3rd tier is so irrelevant. A team could have a star player in his position he couldn't dislodge or something, but besides, he did a job for us in the Championship whether some want to accept that or not.

There are plenty on here saying Derry would never make the prem grade yet has been a revelation so far, as has HH and Mackie all who have had doubters. If they'd not had their chance to prove themselves they would have been written off also.

Comment

Hogan is an intelligent footballer and for the prem that is a great attribute to have. Just look against Everton he won a free kick when we were under the cosh, gave all the right passes and bombed forward when he knew he had support. Some players are better suited to certain divisions and IMO Hogan would of done well and would of been available every week unlike Dyer and Puncheon. Also he is the second most skillful player in the team behind Taarabt.
      Estamos QPR

Comment

As already mentioned he seems a lovely bloke, great attitude, not often injured and all round good egg. Unfortunately IMHO not quite good enough for the prem. Didn't get too many chances even in the championship, except under Sousa IIRC, but never really produced except on pre season tours to Cornwall.

Hope he has a good career and does well for Charlton or wherever he ends as he will be even further down the pecking order after the transfer window.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
          As already mentioned he seems a lovely bloke, great attitude, not often injured and all round good egg. Unfortunately IMHO not quite good enough for the prem. Didn't get too many chances even in the championship, except under Sousa IIRC, but never really produced except on pre season tours to Cornwall.

Hope he has a good career and does well for Charlton or wherever he ends as he will be even further down the pecking order after the transfer window.
          Didn't get too many chances even in the championship, except under Sousa IIRC

20 starts last season plus 9 as sub (some of us need to ignore the anti Sousa stuff..... Let's not forget that he also played really well with Adel back then.). As I have said before a good squad player and should have been in the 25.

So, he might miss out after January, but so will some others who should never have been in the 25 to start with.

Good luck Hogan. Let's hope you are still with us. I think you are more suited to the Prem than the Championship.
          A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Always liked the hulk, think like others he is a very intelligent footballer who given a decent run would suprise people as his commitment to our club is admirable. He has never complained or sulked and remember his reaction when sent off against the plastics he was as gutted for letting the team down as well as himself
            God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
              Didn't get too many chances even in the championship, except under Sousa IIRC

20 starts last season plus 9 as sub (some of us need to ignore the anti Sousa stuff..... Let's not forget that he also played really well with Adel back then.). As I have said before a good squad player and should have been in the 25.

So, he might miss out after January, but so will some others who should never have been in the 25 to start with.

Good luck Hogan. Let's hope you are still with us. I think you are more suited to the Prem than the Championship.
              Never had a problem with Sousa so don't know where you are coming from with that. As I said I liked Hogan but IMHO he is not good enough for us now.

Comment

So why mention Sousa in your original post?

Look back to when Hogan first joined on loan. At the end of his loan (Before we signed him) NW wanted to get him in at Palace, but Hogans agent (Paul Goddard) didn't answer his calls.

I still think he should have been in the 25, would have offered far more than some who were included........

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
                  So why mention Sousa in your original post?

Look back to when Hogan first joined on loan. At the end of his loan (Before we signed him) NW wanted to get him in at Palace, but Hogans agent (Paul Goddard) didn't answer his calls.

I still think he should have been in the 25, would have offered far more than some who were included........
                  Because IMO he seemed to play his best stuff under him and DiCannio. Is that ok?

Comment

I thought he looked pretty good last season, and he looked pretty good when he came on against Everton.

Still think he could have done a job this season if he had been in the 25 ahead of Puncheon.......

Comment

Good attitude - Hope the lad does well. Think the prem is too big a step for him but he has a chance for regular football so good luck to him.
                      Last edited by SammyKojoe; 24-11-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X