Not that I give a ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st one a bit soft was deffo looking for it

2nd one deffo a penalty as it looked to me that JB also had a good tug on his shirt which I think you could only see from one camera angle

3 points though and lets hope for more of the same v the crunchers on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      Spot on. The first was never a pen. It was a more subtle version of the thing Pires did all them years ago, ie, rather than just leave a led in there, he actually moved it to Barton's to make sure there was contact and went over. Never in a million years.

The second was a foul yes, but their "gameplan" as a team is an embarrassment..... lump it, play for scraps, lump it again, play for scraps, lump it play for scraps.....

I think with Huth he acted as a blocker for their goal, blocking Hill blatently to give Crouch a free run. someone did anyway. That is a clear training ground ploy and when the pen situation came with the ball dropping in a crowd he didn't know what to do with it. As said above, rather than make a conscious effort to gather the ball turn and shoot, he was more inclined to block off and back into Barton a bit, which made the contact appear worse.

At the end of the day they didn't deserve anything and got what they deserved.

What was priceless was the fact they dared to moan at timewasting when Hill was deliberately drying the ball with a towell just becasue they do it every single throw...

Awful awful football they play and i pity their ST holders who have to endure that over and over again.
      Agree with every word.

Hoofball FC. £80m they reckon Pulis has spent on that team. Someone needs a word.

Comment

With regard to the second one, I think that it's a case of " what would Robert Huth have done with it anyway".

Comment

Well said Del if you watch Huth as soon sa he feels a defender behind him he's leaning back
          and is bound to fall over, some one tell that f**king whinger pullis it's not american football.
          Said yesterday don't believe the 1st one was a pen

Comment

2nd one, had a clear view, Huth reached round and unbalanced JB who slid on what was clearly a slippy pitch by then, so he seemed to go through the back of Huth, but it was no foul.
            SWP went away with the ball, ref pulled play back as lino was flagging for a free-kick to us, explained to ref that one of our players was pulled in the box -- and, watching it again, the only player doing that was Huth.
            TV angle very deceptive on that one, lino had clear view similar to mine and got it right.
            No pen -- free kick given to us.
            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Interesting you say that swanley as half time they sprinkled our goal mouth and kept them
              On for a while , they kept it on for ages and they didn't do that the other end!!

Comment

Good comment Swanley, you might be right.

Also if Ric is right and Stoke have spent £80m, that is shocking - and shows how well we did at the end of the last window. Stoke don't even use the quality they have - I remember a year or two back thinking Palacios looked the complete midfielder for Spurs yet he was on their bench, when they were crying out for quality in the middle where Ali and Joey bossed the game.

Comment

It's also interesting if you watch their final attack when Jones headed over the bar -- if you watch the slo-mo replay, Huth is leaning back into one of our players in exactly the same way as he did with JB -- desperate to win a penalty to get a point imho.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Justice for Joey having to be tipped peanuts at every corner he took !

Comment

Over the course of the season, we're gonna get some decisions and we're also gonna be denied some; it'll all balance out at the end

Comment

Working...
                      X