Rio Ferdinand in jan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Ferdinand in jan?

I have this on absolutely no authority whatsoever but there's talk among Utd fans who may or may not be ITK that Rio's time is up at Utd following a bust up with Fergie in the aftermath of the Man City debacle. Word going round up North is that he will be coming back 'home' to London in Jan to link up with his brother for regular football, a new challenge and one last hurrah.

It could be baseless, but just thought I'd share. I shall now don the blindfold in preparation to be shot at en masse by messageboard firing squad
    Last edited by Westbyfleetr; 20-11-2011, 05:19 PM.

Waiting for the first "he's not good enough/past it" post........

Comment

With Euro 2012 in the summer their could be a few players needing regular games after Xmas.

Comment

Consider yourself shot!

Rio's game has always relied on pace, and now that's gone, he's been found wanting. His positional play is the pits.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          Consider yourself shot!

Rio's game has always relied on pace, and now that's gone, he's been found wanting. His positional play is the pits.
          Haha your on the wind up surely,you wouldnt have Rio Ferdinand?

Comment

Consider yourself shot!

Now we're better than Rio?

Wow.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
              Haha your on the wind up surely,you wouldnt have Rio Ferdinand?
              I wouldn't, no. I'd prefer to have someone like Bassong, Dan, or Ridgewell.

Put it this way, would you take John Terry?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post

Wow.
                We're some team Benny we really are

Comment

I wouldn't, no. I'd prefer to have someone like Bassong, Dan, or Ridgewell.

Put it this way, would you take John Terry?
                  Someone of Terry's calibre, all day long. John himself...no chance.

You are kidding yourself if you believe either Rio or JT aren't good enough for us. I wonder what goes through some peoples minds at times.

Comment

Wow.
                    Man Utd are considering getting rid, and they're not exactly blessed with world-class centre backs are they?

Sorry, but I've never been a fan of Rio.

Comment

Man Utd are considering getting rid, and they're not exactly blessed with world-class centre backs are they?

The aims of Man Utd and QPR differ ever so slightly.

Comment

You are kidding yourself if you believe either Rio or JT aren't good enough for us. I wonder what goes through some peoples minds at times.
                        Both past their prime IMO. Still, if you think the future is with has-beens, that's your prerogative.

Comment

You have to love some of our fans, haven't you Benny, Dave? We beat Stoke and suddenly we are better than Barcelona. Personally I wouldn't want Van Perse either as he's not as good as Patrick Agyman...

Thanks btw to the original poster, and no shooting from this quarter - always like a bit of gossip about the Jan sales.

Comment

What has Manure considering him going got to do with it? Jaap Stam, Beckham, Van Nistlerooy, Tevez and Ronaldo to name a few. Fall out's, cashing in...could be a few reasons. You're setting your expectations at a ridiculous level if you think we could turn down a player like this.

Not saying fully bought into this, but if it happened, he'd be a class addition.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                              The aims of Man Utd and QPR differ ever so slightly.
                              Well, if the rumours about Rio leaving are true, I'm sure a host of bigger clubs than us will be in for him, if he's that good.

Comment

Working...
                              X