Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did he say mate?

Comment

I listened to a 7 min interview he gave to some Scandinavian reporter/mag.

He said we had tactics to combat some of Chelsea's players.

Examples - Luiz, close him down, get in his face attack him, he will do something, that something would happen, that probably would not it we targetted Terry. Basically said he was their weak point in the back 4.

Regards when Anelka came on, he said players were told to make their Keeper kick the ball and not to allow him to roll it out. Why ?
      Because Anelka doesn't challenge for headers which means we get the ball back unchallenged. Keeper rolls it out, it gets passed to him, or to his feet, where he's much more affective.
      Said he wasn't surprised when Anelka missed from 2 yards, saying he's doesnt like heading it. Very interesting interview it was.

Comment

In fairness, I doubt that means we wouldn't go for him. Anelka has never been known for his aerial ability. He's a natural scorer who can make a goal from nothing. Exactly what we need.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Bothroyd and HH seem to be hitting form as well as a good understanding. I hope theyre given a chance to continue and not pushed aside too quickly.

And well done W12 for winning his bet yesterday on 1st goalscorer.
          banging, only threw a fiver down but at 11-1 was worth a punt after the spurs match

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            One quick thing though..

Sammy f@cking Ameobi?!! Lord above. AVB really has lost the plot.
            the part of the story tha t makes me doubt it

Comment

Yea it wasn't a name I expected to be seen associated with them.

If the reporter was gonna make something up wouldn't you choose something a little more believable than that?

Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                One quick thing though..

Sammy f@cking Ameobi?!! Lord above. AVB really has lost the plot.
                My first thoughts also! Hes shocking IMO, wouldnt want him in a Rangers shirt so gawd knows what AVB is thinking, hardly a signing that is going to improve their squad, wouldnt even make their bench!

On the subject of Anelka; would love him! Great player, scored 7 European goal last year for Chelski and, IMO, is a very dangerous forward that most PL sides would have in their side they could. Him and Bothroyd up top with HH and Dj as other options would give us a very strong forward line, if we can get him plus at least 1 defender and maybe a left winger also, I think we will have a very strong second half to the season.

Somebody mentioned his attitude preciously; but I know he [B]did] have a reputation as "Le Sulk" years back, but I havent heard of any such stories for years now, I think thats a thing of his past.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                X