• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Del View Post
    Fabulous....

Comment

Originally posted by vblockiain View Post
      Yes i did see him in his "pomp" at rangers and yes maybe i am stupid in your eyes because my opinion of a player does not coincide with yours i have watched every home game in the league since 1958 and most cup ties .Do you have sole right to a personal opinion i have never rated him as a rangers player as his period was the start of our demise.This was accelerated by his ability as a manager previously good players do not necessarily make good managers or pundits
      So the Wilkins who pulled the strings in Howe's excellent unbeaten side at the back end of the 89/90 season and Gerry's team of 92/93 that finished 5th and the team that got to the QF of the Cup in 1995 were "the start of our demise"??

All those killer through balls to the likes of Sinton, Falco, Ferdinand, Allen, Penrice, Sinclair and Gallen came exclusively through the magical boots of Simon Barker and Ian Holloway???

Crackers.

Comment

Wilkins was a smashing player (sorry). He is soooo boring as co-commentator/analyst. Beats me why they have him on. Always says the safe stuff. Bit of controvesy never hurt anyone aka Savage.

Comment

Makes a decent Tango ad too!!!!

Comment

My dad was assistant physio under ray at the time & to be fair he got a lot of unjustified flack for our downfall.

He was shafted by Clive Berlin in regards to the sale of sir les & the incoming signings, a lot of which wasn't his signings but that of berlins who had scouted them via tapes.

I know for a fact mr Wilkins went to the board with a list of players including Kevin phillps, steve guppy, rob Elliot and Kevin miller to name a few & he was told to focus on training the players while the board sort out signings....
            "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwarren20 View Post
              My dad was assistant physio under ray at the time & to be fair he got a lot of unjustified flack for our downfall.

He was shafted by Clive Berlin in regards to the sale of sir les & the incoming signings, a lot of which wasn't his signings but that of berlins who had scouted them via tapes.

I know for a fact mr Wilkins went to the board with a list of players including Kevin phillps, steve guppy, rob Elliot and Kevin miller to name a few & he was told to focus on training the players while the board sort out signings....
              It was Matt Elliott. Add to that Kasey Keller and Alex Rae - who Thompson/Berlin stiffed him for at the last moment.

Comment

I see that stupid & crackers are the words synonymous with discussion & debate of differing opinions on this board .This is the language of the infantile level of debate now prevelant during my observation of the lowering level of inputs by many posters .I posted an opinion only my second post You are worthy of your closed society & your limited interlect.I now take my observation seat & retain legitimate opinions to myself.

Comment

I always thought flogging Clive Wilson was as important or even more than Les's for our demise and relegation, he brought so much to the team, possibly best left back to play for us
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I see that stupid & crackers are the words synonymous with discussion & debate of differing opinions on this board .This is the language of the infantile level of debate now prevelant during my observation of the lowering level of inputs by many posters .I posted an opinion only my second post You are worthy of your closed society & your limited interlect.I now take my observation seat & retain legitimate opinions to myself.
                    Am sorry you feel like that. All opinions welcome here. And for the record as you are clearly one concerned about brain power it is INTELLECT.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Am sorry you feel like that. All opinions welcome here. And for the record as you are clearly one concerned about brain power it is INTELLECT.
                      classic!

Comment

Classic eh grammatically concerned with not about brainpower syntax is important finger error comes with age & eyesight respect comes with experience your background in journalism mr stainrodisalegend should have precluded such an error .However such immoderation is par for the course.Sniddery is the handtool of the red top papers it should not be on a medium for like minded people
                        Last edited by vblockiain; 26-09-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Classic eh grammatically concerned with not about brainpower syntax is important finger error comes with age & eyesight respect comes with experience your background in journalism mr stainrodisalegend should have precluded such an error .However such immoderation is par for the course.Sniddery is the handtool of the red top papers it should not be on a medium for like minded people
                          Hey Vblock chill, it was a joke, did not mean to offend anyone and apologies if I did.

Comment

Stainrodisalegend I thank you for that

Comment

jesus christ, some people are so serious, was enough to make my eyes bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                                It was Matt Elliott. Add to that Kasey Keller and Alex Rae - who Thompson/Berlin stiffed him for at the last moment.
                                Your right there Nodge it was matt Elliott got him mixed up, think he was playing for notts county at the time?

Thompson & Berlin were the cancer at our club, Ray was the one who had to front up to all the flack.

If we would of signed those players on the list we would have survived the drop.
                                "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Comment

Working...
                                X