No announcement yet.

QPR Paid £4.5M For Anton Ferdinand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very happy with both right now, 4.5m doesnt seem too much for a solid CB partnership thesedays.

Comment

Be nice to know exactly how much.Just out of interest.

Comment

I think 4.5 could be right. Lets not forget sunderland paid west ham 8m for his services. Also the others they announced were right with regards to young and dj. SWP if 2.5 is correct what a bargain.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

SWP definitely a bargain,and to be fair up to now (touch wood) Anton ain't put a foot wrong.I suppose most importantly if NW thinks thats what he's worth then fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            That probably is an over inflated price but he is still only 26, so his best years should be now and the nxt 4 years. He was bought for 8 million from sunderland so we nearly got him at half price if u think of it like that. Still need another centre back as we r wafer think 4 cover
            IMO the ald is worth 4.5mill. Very good player, showing his worth and PL experience already (best defender of the day in PL in the Daily Mail-following on from Gabbidon getting the same accolade vs Everton) and when looking at the current transfer market and figures paidfor English players, 4.5mill really is quite cheap. As another poster has stated, with the amount of inaccuracies Sky reported, this figure may not be true at all, but if it is, I dont think thats too much at all.

Also, defiantley agree about needing CB cover. 1 injury and we are forced to call upon Hall who, IMO, is an OK player but dont have too much confidence in him, lunges in way too much and in the PL, as shown at Wigan a few times, players will just nip round you if you do.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

In Warnocks latest interview he seems to quash the Ferdinand rumours with this quote;

"And I saw some quotes of Ferdinand being £4.5 million but that’s a bit wrong. We paid £2 million.”

SKY wrong again.

Comment

I think Fernandes was quoted as saying we spent between 10 and 12 million during the transfer window so i reckon something like

Barton 2 mil (in various fees)
                Young 2 mil
                SWP 2.5 mil
                Traore 2 mil
                Ferdinand 2 mil
                Puncheon loan fee - no idea

I think Gabbidon has been excellent for the most part particularly against Everton
                Last edited by Brian Wilson; 25-09-2011, 01:46 AM.

Comment

What a bargin, great work Neil
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    I think Fernandes was quoted as saying we spent between 10 and 12 million during the transfer window so i reckon something like

Young 2 mil
                    SWP 2.5 mil
                    Traore 2 mil
                    Ferdinand 2 mil

I think Gabbidon has been excellent for the most part particularly against Everton
                    DJ makes it 12m
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

Young 2 mil
                      SWP 2.5 mil
                      Traore 2 mil
                      Ferdinand 2 mil

I'd rather believe NW in that we've spent just over £6million but then again what does he know over what these reporters print.

As for my Gabbidon comments I hope I'm proved wrong but I will continue to say he's our worse defender and the weak link at the back. I look for improvement in our team win lose or draw. Since the new players have come in he's been highlighted. Against Bolton I was impressed with him as he was better than Hill and Orr. Still think Hall and Ferdinand is our best central defense partnership and come Jan we'll sign another center back to replace both Hall and Gabbidon and NW would not have signed Gabbidon if he had cash to spend. He was the best free option at the time and a gamble.

Comment

Fair comments Dazzer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                          I'd rather believe NW in that we've spent just over £6million but then again what does he know over what these reporters print.

As for my Gabbidon comments I hope I'm proved wrong but I will continue to say he's our worse defender and the weak link at the back. I look for improvement in our team win lose or draw. Since the new players have come in he's been highlighted. Against Bolton I was impressed with him as he was better than Hill and Orr. Still think Hall and Ferdinand is our best central defense partnership and come Jan we'll sign another center back to replace both Hall and Gabbidon and NW would not have signed Gabbidon if he had cash to spend. He was the best free option at the time and a gamble.
                          IMO Gabbidon gets a bum deal and has done nothing wrong and I have always slated Hall abit but after today i have to admit he looked pretty solid and would probably have to say Id quite like to see them 2 start at the back even when Gabbidons fit again.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                          X