Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

If you had £400m, would you bid for the club?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Olly
    Gold Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 6000

    #1

    If you had £400m, would you bid for the club?

    and how much? And if you only had that amount of money to your name.
    Last edited by Olly; 15-08-2011, 02:28 PM.
  • silvercue
    Silver Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 4704

    #2
    not at the prices that are being talked about. If you look at what other clubs have been valued at I think we are way over the odds.
    twitter @silvercue

    soundcloud

    Comment

    • MattyRangers
      Slimmer of The Year
      • Jun 2011
      • 24914

      #3
      Originally posted by silvercue
      not at the prices that are being talked about. If you look at what other clubs have been valued at I think we are way over the odds.
      depends if you believe the papers or not mate. I struggle to believe the prices they print tbh. Might be wrong mind, but just my opinion.

      But to answer the question, I wouldnt bid more than £40mill (10% of wealth) and even then I wouldnt want to be the sole investor, I would want some money in with me (ie Fernandes apparent position with the Mittals on board too). Our club runs at a huge loss and so your wealth would only deteriorate investing in QPR!
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

      Comment

      • stainrodisalegend
        Platinum Seat
        • Mar 2009
        • 13624

        #4
        Originally posted by MattyRangers
        depends if you believe the papers or not mate. I struggle to believe the prices they print tbh. Might be wrong mind, but just my opinion.

        But to answer the question, I wouldnt bid more than £40mill (10% of wealth) and even then I wouldnt want to be the sole investor, I would want some money in with me (ie Fernandes apparent position with the Mittals on board too). Our club runs at a huge loss and so your wealth would only deteriorate investing in QPR!
        Think that's right (and £40m about right I would have thought).

        Comment

        • Bigears
          Bronze Seat
          • Mar 2009
          • 963

          #5
          No, 400 million is not enough to buy a premiership club and sustain the investment needed to keep it there, it would also stop becoming my hobby and enjoyment but work, I aslo couldnt take the thousands of people telling me how to spend my money and how to run the club.
          One for all.... and all for one

          Comment

          • brightonr
            Banned
            • Mar 2009
            • 10922

            #6
            If I had £400m, I could think of better ways of enjoying it than being slagged off by my fellow fans week in, week out and being referred to as a tight ####.

            If I recall correctly, it wasn't that long ago when some were grateful to have owners that could barely muster up a million, let alone hundreds of them.

            On the other hand, I could just earmark it all towards salaries of greedy, average footballers and see what the reaction would be when all "our money" had gone.

            Comment

            • RussRanger
              Unlucky Bloke
              • Apr 2009
              • 4055

              #7
              Nope, I wouldn't but then I'm not a businessman. I would get a decent season ticket seat and fly in from my exotic island. NB: Not Sheppey!

              Comment

              • 80sCasual
                CCG
                • Dec 2009
                • 9231

                #8
                Ok i give up. i already have done, i'm the new owner
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

                PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

                Comment

                • Rich
                  Silver Seat
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 3412

                  #9
                  I would only keep £10m for my family and I so £390m would be invested into buying QPR .

                  Comment

                  • Tarbie
                    Gold Seat
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 8542

                    #10
                    Not on my own, 400m is not enough to do a decent job of Premiership football these days. I would however been keen to be involved as part of a consortium!

                    Comment

                    • spank the monkey
                      Bronze Seat
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 452

                      #11
                      Originally posted by brightonr
                      If I had £400m, I could think of better ways of enjoying it than being slagged off by my fellow fans week in, week out and being referred to as a tight ####.

                      If I recall correctly, it wasn't that long ago when some were grateful to have owners that could barely muster up a million, let alone hundreds of them.

                      On the other hand, I could just earmark it all towards salaries of greedy, average footballers and see what the reaction would be when all "our money" had gone.
                      spot on

                      if someone shouted the abuse at me (or within earshot of my family) that flabio gets i'd invite them into the boardroom for a quiet 1 : 1.......and smash 'em to f***** pieces

                      invest in this club and accept all that goes with it?
                      I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

                      Comment

                      • WeAreQPR12
                        C Club
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 23558

                        #12
                        It's 300m, so no and no. That is why people like benny and beefy shouldn't be going on about this joke of a takeover. Bernie won't sell cheap and fernandes doesn't have the wealth to take this on.
                        I played sunday league football today.

                        Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

                        I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

                        We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

                        Comment

                        • MattyRangers
                          Slimmer of The Year
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 24914

                          #13
                          Originally posted by WeAreQPR12
                          It's 300m, so no and no. That is why people like benny and beefy shouldn't be going on about this joke of a takeover. Bernie won't sell cheap and fernandes doesn't have the wealth to take this on.
                          Alone, agreed. But with the Mittals involved too, yes he can. None of us average joes on here know anything about whats going on and yes, with the clubs track record this summer I see exactly why people are saying it wont happen, but lets just wait and see eh because, IMO, this time I think it may well just happen...
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                          Comment

                          • rangersbitch
                            Bronze Seat
                            • May 2011
                            • 544

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Tarbie
                            400m is not enough to do a decent job of Premiership football these days
                            That's a ridiculous state of affairs, isn't it?
                            WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

                            http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

                            Comment

                            • stan_bowles
                              CCG
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 8391

                              #15
                              Originally posted by WeAreQPR12
                              It's 300m, so no and no. That is why people like benny and beefy shouldn't be going on about this joke of a takeover. Bernie won't sell cheap and fernandes doesn't have the wealth to take this on.
                              Agree mate.

                              Prem football is a billionaires game if you are serious about competing for the title.

                              Fernandes don't have the cash to keep us up so he may as well sdmit he is full of it.

                              The attempted Hammers take over shows it.

                              Comment

                              Working...