Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had £400m, would you bid for the club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had £400m, would you bid for the club?

and how much? And if you only had that amount of money to your name.
    Last edited by Olly; 15-08-2011, 03:28 PM.

not at the prices that are being talked about. If you look at what other clubs have been valued at I think we are way over the odds.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
      not at the prices that are being talked about. If you look at what other clubs have been valued at I think we are way over the odds.
      depends if you believe the papers or not mate. I struggle to believe the prices they print tbh. Might be wrong mind, but just my opinion.

But to answer the question, I wouldnt bid more than £40mill (10% of wealth) and even then I wouldnt want to be the sole investor, I would want some money in with me (ie Fernandes apparent position with the Mittals on board too). Our club runs at a huge loss and so your wealth would only deteriorate investing in QPR!
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        depends if you believe the papers or not mate. I struggle to believe the prices they print tbh. Might be wrong mind, but just my opinion.

But to answer the question, I wouldnt bid more than £40mill (10% of wealth) and even then I wouldnt want to be the sole investor, I would want some money in with me (ie Fernandes apparent position with the Mittals on board too). Our club runs at a huge loss and so your wealth would only deteriorate investing in QPR!
        Think that's right (and £40m about right I would have thought).

Comment

No, 400 million is not enough to buy a premiership club and sustain the investment needed to keep it there, it would also stop becoming my hobby and enjoyment but work, I aslo couldnt take the thousands of people telling me how to spend my money and how to run the club.
          One for all.... and all for one

Comment

If I had £400m, I could think of better ways of enjoying it than being slagged off by my fellow fans week in, week out and being referred to as a tight ####.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't that long ago when some were grateful to have owners that could barely muster up a million, let alone hundreds of them.

On the other hand, I could just earmark it all towards salaries of greedy, average footballers and see what the reaction would be when all "our money" had gone.

Comment

Nope, I wouldn't but then I'm not a businessman. I would get a decent season ticket seat and fly in from my exotic island. NB: Not Sheppey!

Comment

Ok i give up. i already have done, i'm the new owner
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

I would only keep £10m for my family and I so £390m would be invested into buying QPR .

Comment

Not on my own, 400m is not enough to do a decent job of Premiership football these days. I would however been keen to be involved as part of a consortium!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      If I had £400m, I could think of better ways of enjoying it than being slagged off by my fellow fans week in, week out and being referred to as a tight ####.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't that long ago when some were grateful to have owners that could barely muster up a million, let alone hundreds of them.

On the other hand, I could just earmark it all towards salaries of greedy, average footballers and see what the reaction would be when all "our money" had gone.
                      spot on

if someone shouted the abuse at me (or within earshot of my family) that flabio gets i'd invite them into the boardroom for a quiet 1 : 1.......and smash 'em to f***** pieces

invest in this club and accept all that goes with it?
                      I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

It's 300m, so no and no. That is why people like benny and beefy shouldn't be going on about this joke of a takeover. Bernie won't sell cheap and fernandes doesn't have the wealth to take this on.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          It's 300m, so no and no. That is why people like benny and beefy shouldn't be going on about this joke of a takeover. Bernie won't sell cheap and fernandes doesn't have the wealth to take this on.
                          Alone, agreed. But with the Mittals involved too, yes he can. None of us average joes on here know anything about whats going on and yes, with the clubs track record this summer I see exactly why people are saying it wont happen, but lets just wait and see eh because, IMO, this time I think it may well just happen...
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            400m is not enough to do a decent job of Premiership football these days
                            That's a ridiculous state of affairs, isn't it?
                            WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Agree mate.

Prem football is a billionaires game if you are serious about competing for the title.

Fernandes don't have the cash to keep us up so he may as well sdmit he is full of it.

The attempted Hammers take over shows it.

Comment

Working...
                              X