Warnock wanted Routledge, Routledge wanted to come.....MERGED THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock wanted Routledge, Routledge wanted to come.....MERGED THREAD

Just shows that the board did not back Warnock. Looks like cheapo Puncheon it is then.

“We lost out on Routledge and you've got to have a different plan for certain games, particularly away from home.

"Certainly Routledge showed that pace can help, and I think you need that as well. He wanted to come back but it's one of those things.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...medium=twitter
    Last edited by Stanley; 03-08-2011, 10:51 AM.
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Routledge is a mercenary c*nt. Nothing to do with the board, or maybe you just feel we should bankrupt the club again.

Comment

said on bbc earlier he couldn't agree personal terms, so he really did want to come didn't he.

Comment

tooo much money nw wasnt willing to pay i think

Comment

He is a good Championship player but cannot cut it in the PL as history has shown many times. I do not expect an impact from him with Swansea. Also Ł2m is too much for him. Why is he more expensive that DJ Campbell who is a striker, can score more goals and already porved himself in the Premier League. imo Routledge should not cost more that Ł1m.
          Last edited by Yousef; 03-08-2011, 08:06 AM.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Couldn't agree personal terms to me means wanted too much money - more than Warnock thought realistic - Warnock has built a team ethic which he doesn't want to disrupt imo

Comment

What I find frustrating is that he couldn't agree personal terms with us, but he could with Swansea. That would seem to suggest that even Swansea are paying bigger wages than us.

I'm not asking for miracles, but surely we shouldn't be getting outbid by Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by stanleymarsh View Post
                Routledge is a mercenary c*nt. Nothing to do with the board, or maybe you just feel we should bankrupt the club again.
                Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                said on bbc earlier he couldn't agree personal terms, so he really did want to come didn't he.
                Originally posted by Artful View Post
                Couldn't agree personal terms to me means wanted too much money - more than Warnock thought realistic - Warnock has built a team ethic which he doesn't want to disrupt imo
                Exactly. I get the impression that Routs is a greedy b**tard. Could be wrong, but it does seem that way. And, as Artful says, i think the team ethic NW has built at Loftus Road is key to our success!
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
                  Just shows that the board did not back Warnock. Looks like cheapo Puncheon it is then.

“We lost out on Routledge and you've got to have a different plan for certain games, particularly away from home.

"Certainly Routledge showed that pace can help, and I think you need that as well. He wanted to come back but it's one of those things.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...medium=twitter
                  So do think Routledge was worth the 25k a week he wanted then?

Comment

It's easy to put two and two together and still get it wrong on these stories. I like Wayne as a player, but where do you stop on a wage offer?
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                      So do think Routledge was worth the 25k a week he wanted then?
                      He was looking for more than that which was a shame as Warnock still wanted him but he and the Board would not agree such an increase and I think on this occasion they were right

Comment

I will answer for him.....no
                        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by stanleymarsh View Post
                          Lol - 'bankrupt the club'! Do you think that without Routledge's wage, the books balance? By your reckoning, we are already on the way to being bankrupt...

I can't prove this, of course, but just like Dexter and Lee Camp, I think that Wayne didn't fit in with Mr Briatore. He was happy coming back when Flabio was off the scene and has never appeared back since the Orange faced one has re-emerged...

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                            He was looking for more than that which was a shame as Warnock still wanted him but he and the Board would not agree such an increase and I think on this occasion they were right
                            Think that's what he has agreed at Swansea, he's not good enough for the division anyway.

He is worth no more than 15k a week ATAF

Comment

It's impressive how people here have detailed information about which players are paid what. Does this come from playing Football Manager?
                              WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X