Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small, small backing, and we're all good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small, small backing, and we're all good.

Upson - Free
    DJ - £1.5m
    Gabbidon - Free
    Routledge - £2m

Get a couple of full-backs on loan and maybe another midfielder, and things are looking up.

After the recent statement, they surely have to back Neil?! £3.5m is sod all, however very important. With Adel now staying, we look a more attractive club to come to.

Come on Neil, you've made your stance, and seem to have put the board into a corner. Work that magic.

I'll leave it to the fun sponges to tell me to wake up, even after today's little result, but I'm feeling more confident again.
    Your mum would love me...

Nelson Mandelas free
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I think you have a point Ben, I'm feeling optimistic now...we now have a half a chance with Adel staying lets build on that!

Comment

agree with you benny & w12.
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

I'm as happy as anyone adel is staying as it means I can be proud of my team next season rather than - frankly - a bit embarrassed. But where in the statement does it say warno is being given any money, or did I miss something?

Comment

Routledge already signed for Swansea? Is´nt he?
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

It doesn't at all, Stain. It's more of an assumption from my part. They are now staying, and must surely invest to keep their asset valuable. Neil seems to have won his battle, and I think the tables have turned.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

why do people assume funds or transfers are available, thats not wqhat the statement either says or infers

it says there would have been money if taraabt had been sold
                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

I'm living in hope more than anything. But as mentioned above with Adel's quality in the side we have half a chance of having a bit of credibility next season.

They surely have to push the boat out a wee bit now? Don't they?

Comment

Adels was a huge fish in a small pond last season.This he will be the opposite and will be marked a lot better.Think he will struggle and get frustrated a lot this season IMO
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

This whole situation still stinks imo, it's just a bit of propaganda by the board.
                      We failed to land Graham, CMS, Routs even tho the fees weren't huge, plus 2 london based Spurs players in Caulker and Naughton chose to move on loan to 'cow country' at opposite ends of the country rather than join us? Why?

So, 'would have got funds if we sold Tarbs' means no funds because we didn't sell him. How can we put a positive spin on this statement? I want to know what the plans are by the club for the prem/TV money, but I'm sure I'll wait forever to find out. Some of this should surely be invested in an attempt to survive?

Comment

walker/bullard/sturridge n its pimms o' clock!!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                          It doesn't at all, Stain. It's more of an assumption from my part. They are now staying, and must surely invest to keep their asset valuable. Neil seems to have won his battle, and I think the tables have turned.
                          Quite a big one really considering we haven't spent a penny of the 1.2 m budget yet and missed out on Naughton, Routledge and Graham all because there was no budget.

I can't see what your basing your assumption on?
                          :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
                            This whole situation still stinks imo, it's just a bit of propaganda by the board.
                            We failed to land Graham, CMS, Routs even tho the fees weren't huge, plus 2 london based Spurs players in Caulker and Naughton chose to move on loan to 'cow country' at opposite ends of the country rather than join us? Why?

So, 'would have got funds if we sold Tarbs' means no funds because we didn't sell him. How can we put a positive spin on this statement? I want to know what the plans are by the club for the prem/TV money, but I'm sure I'll wait forever to find out. Some of this should surely be invested in an attempt to survive?
                            Here here. The statement is total bowlicks in that they might as well have said....we have been unable to get enough profit for ourselves from selling Taraabt, and we are also getting annoyed at our manager for highlighting our inadequacies as owners. Therefore please make sure you all turn up and pay double for your tickets against Bolton and you never know we might even buy someone, if your lucky. Perfect timing now that the walk up prices have been allocated....

We live in eternal hope.....
                            :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
                              Here here. The statement is total bowlicks in that they might as well have said....we have been unable to get enough profit for ourselves from selling Taraabt, and we are also getting annoyed at our manager for highlighting our inadequacies as owners. Therefore please make sure you all turn up and pay double for your tickets against Bolton and you never know we might even buy someone, if your lucky. Perfect timing now that the walk up prices have been allocated....

We live in eternal hope.....
                              Feeling better today then ?

Comment

Working...
                              X