Warnock's transfer war chest - less than 2 mil? /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock's transfer war chest - less than 2 mil? /merged/

Whilst I'm happy with Bothroyd and not fussed either way at Dyer, we still haven't spent a penny on transfer fees. Still have the richest tightest owners in the league.

Really annoys me that we have the spending power of Chelsea and man city, yet warnock has to scrape around for free waifs and strays. Must do his head in really
    :drunk:

T & C have to put it bluntly totally took the p!ss out of the man that turned the whole football club around in 14 months. A proper mug off getting us up & not being given the chance to have a good crack at it.

Will open a bottle of champagne when these 2 ####s f*ck off from our club.

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
      Whilst I'm happy with Bothroyd and not fussed either way at Dyer, we still haven't spent a penny on transfer fees. Still have the richest tightest owners in the league.

Really annoys me that we have the spending power of Chelsea and man city, yet warnock has to scrape around for free waifs and strays. Must do his head in really
      The reality is that, well, this is basically Flavios club..and he aint rich. Yeah Bernie bailed his mate out when Flavio couldnt afford our monthly losses anymore (and flavio lost a load of income from F1) but well, we're Flavios toy really. The other owners Mittal, Amit and Gianni either havent got the cash to invest (the last 2) or have no reason to invest - Mittal.

Comment

Perhaps they are trying to clear the debts we have mounted up or they look at our attendances and think it isnt viable to spend shed loads of dough and risk ending up like Pompey.I agree Warnock deserves better backing from the owners but maybe they have it in mind to get rid of him as soon as we lose 2 or 3 games on the spin, which will happen, and want to keep money available for their new manager. You just never know whats going through Briatore's mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
          Perhaps they are trying to clear the debts we have mounted up or they look at our attendances and think it isnt viable to spend shed loads of dough and risk ending up like Pompey.I agree Warnock deserves better backing from the owners but maybe they have it in mind to get rid of him as soon as we lose 2 or 3 games on the spin, which will happen, and want to keep money available for their new manager. You just never know whats going through Briatore's mind.
          you might just be spot on

Comment

Originally posted by indianalondon View Post
            The reality is that, well, this is basically Flavios club..and he aint rich. Yeah Bernie bailed his mate out when Flavio couldnt afford our monthly losses anymore (and flavio lost a load of income from F1) but well, we're Flavios toy really. The other owners Mittal, Amit and Gianni either havent got the cash to invest (the last 2) or have no reason to invest - Mittal.
            when summarised like that, any potential spending really does seem to go out the window. Worrying to say the least.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I think they are setting NW up for a fall. He gets sacked after 6 games, the club has to compensate him. Club has no money, so flav lends the club money from his own funds with an interest rate on it. Quids in. In his own interests for the club to fail

Comment

I think they are setting NW up for a fall. He gets sacked after 6 games, the club has to compensate him. Club has no money, so flav lends the club money from his own funds with an interest rate on it. Quids in. In his own interests for the club to fail
                That's some conspiracy theory. I take it you're from the "man didn't land on moon" and "elvis lives" camp.

Comment

From what I understand this is what happened with the ABC loan and would explain the amount of ridiculously bad managerial appointments.

Comment

You missed the end of this scenario. The club cant repay Flavio so is forced to default on payments and thus declare itself insolvent. Flavio could then issue a bankruptcy petition against QPR in an attempt to recoup his money but who would have to pay him this? That's right Bernie who lent him the money in the first place! Back to the conspiracy drawing board for you Gordon Gecko!

Comment

Lending the club money from his own funds = investing in it.
                      This is how every business in the world operates.
                      How is it in his interest for the club to fail?
                      Club fails, investment gone, quids out my friend

Comment

The board have always said the club will be run in a practical way and that means being tight with money.

Comment

so does flab expect us to get to a champions lge spot still????
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

war chest? ...more like a small biscuit tin

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                              so does flab expect us to get to a champions lge spot still????
                              Think the manager and the squad have been geared to go for the Fair Play route to Europe this season

Comment

Working...
                              X