X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR end Gulf Air deal

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/n...hip-deal-ends/

QPR's £7m Gulf Air sponsorship deal ends
    Queens Park Rangers (QPR) football club is parting company with shirt sponsor Gulf Air after three years, and is on the hunt for a replacement commercial partner to leverage its promotion to the Premier League.

Gulf Air: QPR deal comes to an end
    The club is in talks with a number of prospective new sponsors about a multimillion-pound deal, sources have disclosed to Marketing.

A spokesman for the club confirmed that QPR and Gulf Air have parted company.

Gulf Air has been QPR's main sponsor since signing a £7m three-year deal in 2008, with the gulfair.com web address appearing on the team's shirts.

Lotto is the club's technical sponsor.

QPR is owned by business ty**** Lakshmi Mittal and his family, Flavio Briatore and Formula 1 chief Bernie Ecclestone. Gulf Air is owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain.

The club, which is managed by Neil Warnock, was promoted to the Premier League after winning the Championship this year.
    Though they lie. The Mittals do not own us :(

it just gets worse n worse..........is there any good news!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Now we know why no new shirts yet.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

Lol. I see what you did there!

Comment

I hear we are going to have 3 new shirt sponsors. Oil company TOTAL, clothing retailer F.C.U.K and parcel delivery firm UPS

Comment

We will end up with a much better deal with Bernies contacts. Sorry to contradict all the doom though chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by iheartwegerle View Post
              I hear we are going to have 3 new shirt sponsors. Oil company TOTAL, clothing retailer F.C.U.K and parcel delivery firm UPS
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I know for a fact that we have DONE a deal with Apple as our new shirt sponsor - 100% fact. Paperwork has been signed.

Now if this proves not to be the case no problem as it will be passed off as "this is what this site is all about" etc. etc.
                http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                  I know for a fact that we have DONE a deal with Apple as our new shirt sponsor - 100% fact. Paperwork has been signed.

Now if this proves not to be the case no problem as it will be passed off as "this is what this site is all about" etc. etc.
                  i heard from my source that Apple have moved into a recently emptied house nr Harlington...
                  RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Are they anything to do with f1.................
                    They seek him here.................

Comment

Why any doom and gloom over this news?

It was a 3 year deal - 2008 to 2011 - end of.

Who wants to be associated with Gulf Air in the current political climate?

I would expect any new deal to be worth more than the 7M one negotiated for a Championship team.

No doom and gloom here
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Blackpool's sponsor last season would be perfect for our owners www.wonga.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          Why any doom and gloom over this news?

It was a 3 year deal - 2008 to 2011 - end of.

Who wants to be associated with Gulf Air in the current political climate?

I would expect any new deal to be worth more than the 7M one negotiated for a Championship team.

No doom and gloom here
                          Don't let the reality of the situation get in the way of a bit of doom mongering.......

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                            it just gets worse n worse..........is there any good news!

Yea little sort out of Kentish Town has hinted she wants some back door action.

Every cloud an all that pal!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              We will end up with a much better deal with Bernies contacts. Sorry to contradict all the doom though chaps.
                              You are most probably quite right on this.

If I were a cynic though, I'd spout nonsense about this happening on the same day as Ecclestone has announced that there will definitely not be a Grand Prix in Bahrain.

Comment

Working...
                              X