No announcement yet.

Let's be having you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conners is one of the best posters on here, great wind up merchant who always makes me laugh. Can't believe people take him seriously. Keep up the good work mate

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      I'm afraid thats about the bottom line. What's the alternative? Would be interested to know.Like I said, its Hobsons Choice - take it or leave it.

Comment

Freudian slip there quaz!!! Never realised!

Comment

Originally posted by BuzsakyIsGod View Post
          You was banned because you was annoying and trying wind us up on there. You are doing the same here.
          I appreciate it must be very difficult for some to accept that there is a different view to their own but it quite clear that there are others on here that share similar views to me.

I am always constructive with my comments and refrain from name calling.

The so called experts on here were no where to be seen when we run out of money a few years back mid-season. If i recall, it was Gianni that sorted that problem out.

Now that we have a few quid you've all of a sudden become experts on how to spend it. "Let fans play Championship prices + 10% for Premier League football". Get real. You will end up back in the Championship.

If you don 't mind i would prefer to keep faith with those that have accumulated the wealth in the first place. They are proven winners.

I feel no need to post any more comments on this thread. Think my initial comments quite clearly spell out my views. If you don't agree with them then i am not sure how much clearer i can make them.

Comment

Factually, Conners is correct but we all have a choice. Just like the fans of Wimbledon did.

I can see a slippery slope here. Maybe a few more years down the line but AFC QPR will happen one day. Just like it will at other clubs too. I understand this promised land is expenisve but is it worth it? How much can the working man afford? Are we saying Football is not for the working man any longer?

As another 40 something aged fan said to me a few months ago "football's not for us anymore".

It is about opinions but in some respect football to many is more important than an opinion, something I feel our friend Conners fails to understand.

Sky TV - The monster that killed football.

Comment

Agree SKY TV are the main culprits. Miss the way football used to be.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                dotorg is like a cult. It doesn't allow freedom of speech and very poorly administered in my opinion.

This board is different.

I disagree with quite a few the posters on here but generally a well run board, hence the reason i post.

I aim to gather support for my points of view, as those that disagree with me, aim to do for theirs.

Just delighted that my team has won something and feel as though the fans are ruining it for themselves by not enjoying the moment. There will be times down the road when we can all be gloomy.

Season tickets are expensive, more than we all would want them to be (including me) but my team are mixing it with the big boys now and we, as fans, need to dig deeper into our pockets, every bit as much as the board.

It is a big responsibility and I am prepared to play my part.

Whilst sympathising with those that genuinely can no longer afford to attend, I still see no major problem in paying a similar amount to Chelsea and Arsenal fans. I appreciate that they have better quality players at this time, however, my club is smaller and has limited potential to make money other than to sell 18000 tickets each week.

I also am delighted we won something, also the season ticket prices would not stop me from renewing.

What will stop me renewing, is the specter of the fat orange one once again having a major influence over transfers and the running of our club.

The sacking of Ishan and the non sacking of Palladini, for his handling of the fourlin debacle, being responsable for the 875k fine.

If reasonable players, not asking for superstars, are bought in for which we will clearly need to survive this coming campaign, then i would reconsider my position on renewing before the 30th.

The club needs to grow (bigger stadium) otherwise there will eventually be stagnation, our present owners will prob not have the will to undertake the measure's needed, and i hope there are people out there who have the means to buy out Bernie and the will to move the club forward.

If we don't expand with decent players and stadium, i see a very short stay in the prem, and another fifteen years in the wilderness, remaining a small club without the ambition to aim to be a bigger one.

If Brighton can do it, why in the hell cant we.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

Scarlet

Must be a valid reason for that.

I would imagine someone suing for unfair dismissal if its all wrong.

We simply do not know what goes on behind closed doors.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Connors,

I too am pleased we are in the Premiership, playing against some of the biggest teams in Europe and at some fabulous grounds. I too accept that without the funding, albeit through loans from BE & FB that we would not have got there. I too accept that in achieving the above, they have quite possibly secured the financial future of the club for several years to come. That's all great.

But now we are there, now the money will be flowing in along with the additional revenue from all the other sources they will exploit, I happen to think that the treatment of fans is an absolute disgrace. I do not necessarily feel that the ST prices are too high, although the pay on the day prices will be. Yes, there will be some that will be happy to pay them, but I wouldn't want one next to me. I had some young bloke, about 18 or 19 asking me which one was Taraabt at the Leeds game. I'm not at all against new fans by the way, just don't want to see them replace real ones.

Neither am I the sort to bleat about everything, like a small child. It doesn't concern me in the slightest that we've not signed people yet, it's far too early to be worrying about that. And neither do I expect to watch premiership football and better players in better stadiums and expect them to fund it for me. The problem is Conners, that this is just the start. The thin end of the wedge. Who would ever have thought that QPR fans would be asked to pay £35 per head to get a slight advantage over perhaps less well off ones when trying to support their team at an away game.

The point I am trying to make, is that they can get their loans back, continue running the show without losing money and be associated with and even take credit for all our future successes, without fleecing the fans to the very limits and ruining the whole ethos and traditions of our club.

Sorry if that's part of the "moan, moan,moan" culture. I've been going for 40 years now so I will attempt to "get over myself".

Comment

QPR fans are being mugged off by the club, its as simple as that

This argument about having to pay more because we have a small stadium is complete rubbish, because we have a limited capacity increasing charges doesnt make that much difference to the bottom line, all of these increases and extra charges dont amount to a hill of beans compared with the tv revenue and what we should now land in terms of sponsorship and advertising revenues, get the commercial department to sell some ****ing space on our bare advertising hoardings and they wouldnt need to increase prices.

In fact prices could and should have been held at the very least to last seasons prices for existing season ticket holders that would have been reasonable thanks for the loyalty that supported the club and paid paladinis "consultancy fees" for all these years

limiting available season tickets to such a low number as pointed out by Hanwell tells you all you need to know about the mentality of the owners
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Working...
                      X