QPR 'news'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR 'news'

They must be short of things to say at HQ.
    Apparently Ramage is 'primed for the Premier league'.
    Are they having a laugh??
    On the subject of players, the only one that we have been linked with so far who i think would cut it for us is CMS from peterboro.
    All the others are not up to it IMO.
    Another point, what has happened to our youth policy? The under 18's have just won their league, are we gonna see any of them come through the ranks? I'd much rather see that than talk about signing 30 something players who offer us nothing that we don't have already and who quite frankly do not give a flying fig about QPR, especially when we were not in the top division.
    First game ; QPR 1 Bolton Wanderers 3, Saturday 2nd December 1978.
    Parkes,Clement,Gillard,Hollins,Howe,Shanks,Eastoe, Francis,Harkouk,Busby,McGee

Originally posted by surreyranger View Post
    They must be short of things to say at HQ.
    Apparently Ramage is 'primed for the Premier league'.
    Are they having a laugh??
    On the subject of players, the only one that we have been linked with so far who i think would cut it for us is CMS from peterboro.
    All the others are not up to it IMO.
    Another point, what has happened to our youth policy? The under 18's have just won their league, are we gonna see any of them come through the ranks? I'd much rather see that than talk about signing 30 something players who offer us nothing that we don't have already and who quite frankly do not give a flying fig about QPR, especially when we were not in the top division.
    What league did they win though, the one playing against Wycombe / Brentford youth or the one playing against Arsenal and Tottenham?

Comment

They are looking to ensure we have an academy rather than centre of excellence. Warnock made the best youth team in England when he was at Sheffield and improved the youth system at palace. He will do the same with us seeing as he has better finances to back him up behind the scenes.

We need to consolidate ourselves in the prem then worry about making a top academy tbh. Increased revenues from tv money and sponsorships should be able to pay for it if we stay up. Therefore we should be spending money to stay up.

Comment

We bought Ramage as a centre back and play him at full back and people say he's rubbish!

He's not quick enough to play full back but always gave his all.

We should only start to judge him when he plays his natural position, which I'm sure NW will do.

I blame Gianni for trying to put square pegs into round holes!!

Comment

Let's not chat about ramage again he is awful
          R's

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
            Let's not chat about ramage again he is awful
            Not strictly true, matt connolly is awful, ramage is just average/half decent centre back and poor full back.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
            X