No announcement yet.

Because we did not get points deducted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to own up here......I got a freebie on Saturday......the club gave me a flag.
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      But I am doing my homework and as you appear to have been told as you are certain of your facts I cannot understand whuy you dont just complete your story and name the names who are getting tickets either free of charge or for two pounds as you now claim
      Game, Set and Match ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
        Pete this is not quite spot on, there is a recourse although perphaps not the expected or intended.

Under English law an individual is able to make a claim in a civil court where another has made a false statement about that individual to a third party which has harmed that individual’s reputation.

This process is known as the law of defamation and is designed to protect an individual when faced with the above scenario, simply protecting the individual’s reputation nothing more. If words can be construed to reduce the reputation of the individual in the minds of the general public then an action of defamation can be brought.

For defamation to occur the following factors need to exist:

That there has been a false statement

That the false statement was published. Someone else has to see them for this to happen and the number of posts and the frequency on here will past the test by a country mile

That the false statement has in fact caused the individual’s reputation to be tarnished.

In relation to the last aspect the individual must have a reputation in the first place.

Words published on the internet which may have harmed a person’s reputation are covered by the law of defamation until recently have been problematical. The nature of the internet makes it difficult to know who to approach when bringing a claim. For example in the print media you would approach the author or the publisher. With the internet it is much less clear cut to know who is liable, however, some recent case law has provided an option.

Where defamatory statements have been issued in internet newsgroup sites it has been the Internet Service Provider (ISP) who has been the subject of the defamation action. The reasoning behind this was that as hosts of the newsgroup they were in fact the publisher.

Who hosts this site :

By the way two possible posts caught by criminal law
        Leveller, you are on another level with your posts.
        I aint got a clue what you're going on about but it don't half sound good.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
          Leveller, you are on another level with your posts.
          I aint got a clue what you're going on about but it don't half sound good.
          ^^^^^^ this

On that Flavio did threaten to sue me over a blog post once as it goes lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post

For defamation to occur the following factors need to exist:

That there has been a false statement

That the false statement was published. Someone else has to see them for this to happen and the number of posts and the frequency on here will past the test by a country mile

That the false statement has in fact caused the individual’s reputation to be tarnished.

In relation to the last aspect the individual must have a reputation in the first place.

Comedy Gold.

Comment

Working...
            X