Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the moment you 'knew' you were and r for life!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad is an R,so it was on the cards I would be an R also.
    He took me to a testimonial for some Baggies fella against the R's at LR,think
    I was 8yrs old and he put me pitch side of the hoardings,that's when I
    Had my first glimpse of Rodney! The rest is history,followed them through the
    ups and downs,wouldn't change a thing!
    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
      My dad is an R,so it was on the cards I would be an R also.
      He took me to a testimonial for some Baggies fella against the R's at LR,think
      I was 8yrs old and he put me pitch side of the hoardings,that's when I
      Had my first glimpse of Rodney! The rest is history,followed them through the
      ups and downs,wouldn't change a thing!
      I had forgotten all that. Kids with their legs hanging over the side of the wall onto the pitch was the order of the day back then as the walls were so deep (and the paddock was worst as it was below pitch level) kids could otherwise not see. Some were organised enough to bring boxes to stand on but others (like my old fella) used to just pop me over the wall and row with the coppers to leave me there. Used to be able to have a mini pitch invasion (mini in the sense we only dared go about a yard on) of all the kids when we scored. Good days.

Comment

QPR 3-2 Norwich boxing day 96.
        My first game, never looked back :=B:
        My first game was boxing day 96 QPR 3-2 Norwich....yes we actually beat Norwich.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
          It was just before the war, I had moved to the country from whitechapel with my sisters agnes and abigail to stay for the duration of the war, the farmer and his wife were both rangers fans and the farmer wore the hoops kit every time he went down to the pub, and the farmer's wife had knitted a huge rangers scarf for their favourite pig, and Dixie, (that was the pig's name) would sit in front of the radio to listen to the scores on Saturday nights. Those were very happy days.
          That's how I became a rangers fan.
          is that you arthur,its a wireless and wheres me 2 shillings
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by qpr1882 View Post
            QPR 3-2 Norwich boxing day 96.
            My first game, never looked back :=B:
            Same as mate.. same as!

Comment

Working...
            X