Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

the moment you 'knew' you were and r for life!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • superhoop67
    Silver Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 3782

    #31
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad
    Having lived in Loftus Road since in nappies (not huggies !) which was from 1956. My first contact with QPR was at the age of 2 when having bought an ice cream from the Tony's of Acton van, walked in front of the van looked both ways to cross the road to me house (we were street wise in them days even at the age of 2). The ice cream van run me over ! I went under the van and had the side of my face ripped open and had my little hand crushed by the wheel. Yes i was lucky. When me dad carried me indoors the first people on the scene was the QPR medical team. Took ages for the ambulance to come in them days. Since that day I have been well looked after by QPR and have worked as a tray boy and in the bars for yonks. QPR well my club.
    Fat Tonys ice cream is the best i've ever tasted , unearthed a Tony Bros of Acton secret agents badge the other year belonging to my kids
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

    Comment

    • superhoop67
      Silver Seat
      • Mar 2009
      • 3782

      #32
      Also used to sell Golden Goal tickets as a kid on South Africa embankment
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

      Comment

      • LoftusRoadLad
        W12 Seat
        • Jan 2011
        • 19610

        #33
        Originally posted by superhoop67
        Fat Tonys ice cream is the best i've ever tasted , unearthed a Tony Bros of Acton secret agents badge the other year belonging to my kids
        Well.. me mum n dad made sure they paid up big time !!

        Comment

        • lymehoop
          Gold Seat
          • Mar 2009
          • 7380

          #34
          Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad
          Sure do...but more me bruvvers mates...mine were Ray, Antony, Kevin Powell,
          Pepe, Flanigan bruvvers and so on.
          knew kevin p, sadly not with us anymore
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

          Comment

          • LoftusRoadLad
            W12 Seat
            • Jan 2011
            • 19610

            #35
            Originally posted by lymehoop
            knew kevin p, sadly not with us anymore
            Yes...Greece..I know.

            Comment

            • Hertford Hoop
              W12 Seat
              • Mar 2009
              • 15998

              #36
              Went to a tattoo parlour to have 'Queens Park Rangers' tattooed on me hampton but when I got there he said there was only room for 'QPR'

              Seriously just liked the kit, the name and Stan Bowles haven't looked back since 1973.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

              Comment

              • loneranger
                CCG
                • Mar 2009
                • 9505

                #37
                was never a choice i had to make.it was instilled in me from birth.all me family are rangers and the majority of my pals
                "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

                London Pride has been handed down to us.
                London Pride is a flower that's free.
                London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                And our pride it for ever will be.

                Comment

                • vanhoop
                  CCG
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 9642

                  #38
                  remember dickie davies when i was about 5 just saying Queens Park Rangers,i thought i like that name.me old man was into boozes so at about 8 years of age me and me mates got the 140 to northolt with 5 stops to white city.im sure one of us had bay city roller boots on.remember walking up the steps into the loft and seeing the kit and stadium for the first time with love hearts all around.42 this year and still madly in love.95% of my life revolves around rangers,think thats why mrs vans ****ed off tonight drawing naked people
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

                  Comment

                  • danQPR
                    Bronze Seat
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 868

                    #39
                    I'm in the same boat as lone. Never had a choice. Don't remember my first game, and I've not known any different from going to Rangers.

                    Comment

                    • BennyBoyRs
                      I like 'Lone' time
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 13695

                      #40
                      My dad, uncles, cousins and both brothers are Rangers.

                      That's why I chose to support Tottenham. Can't stand my fam.
                      Your mum would love me...

                      Comment

                      • swede
                        Silver Seat
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 3137

                        #41
                        1983 when all my friends chose their fav teams (mostly L`pool and Man U) - cool name, cool shirts, London and the Stainrod-Allen tandem. Hooked since then.

                        Comment

                        • danQPR
                          Bronze Seat
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 868

                          #42
                          Originally posted by BennyBoyRs
                          My dad, uncles, cousins and both brothers are Rangers.

                          That's why I chose to support Tottenham. Can't stand my fam.
                          Always knew it, the nose is a dead give away.

                          Comment

                          • waterbuffalo
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 3642

                            #43
                            Originally posted by factamondo
                            like when you meet the love of your life and 'know' deep inside that shes the one...........when did your love affair with qpr begin????.........women come and go but no matter how many times qpr let you down you always come back and forgive her......its a love like no other and second only to the love for your own flesh n blood!!.........i havent even been drinking yet..........im quite emotional today!!!
                            It was just before the war, I had moved to the country from whitechapel with my sisters agnes and abigail to stay for the duration of the war, the farmer and his wife were both rangers fans and the farmer wore the hoops kit every time he went down to the pub, and the farmer's wife had knitted a huge rangers scarf for their favourite pig, and Dixie, (that was the pig's name) would sit in front of the radio to listen to the scores on Saturday nights. Those were very happy days.
                            That's how I became a rangers fan.

                            Comment

                            • BennyBoyRs
                              I like 'Lone' time
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 13695

                              #44
                              Originally posted by danQPR
                              Always knew it, the nose is a dead give away.
                              Bei mir bist du shayn.
                              Your mum would love me...

                              Comment

                              • qprted
                                CCG
                                • May 2010
                                • 9639

                                #45
                                when

                                when i was five year old
                                Click here to view my blog.

                                More...

                                Comment

                                Working...