Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the club right to adopt a no spend policy this transfer window.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only problem i have with our signings is that none of them have actually weakened any of the teams they have come from. They are all good signings for this league but i would have liked to have used the fact that we are top to lure one or two players away from the likes of Norwich, Forest, Leeds, ect. thus making our job slightly easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
      I find it incredible. The board have spent on wages,agents fees etc... If you had asked before the start of the transfer window and were told we would get

Smith
      Van Moen
      Routledge
      Shittu
      Chimbonda
      Miller

I would have bitten your hand off. What other club in the CC have strengthened like we have....nobody. FFS to all the doomsday **** artists...get over it.

Smith was already at QPR, Van Moen could be good, but is new to English football. Shittu was probably not wanted by Millwall, Miller has doubts over has fitness. Routledge should be good, and I expect Chimboda to do well too.

But for me QPR's main problem is a goalscotring, injury free forward to take the pressure off Taarabt.

Unless Miller is fit and reproduces his WBA form (and neither Hulse or Helguson have produced form shown at previous clubs), then the lack of goals will continue in many games, i.e Leeds, Norwich, Burnley & Hull since Dec 18th.

Comment

The only problem i have with our signings is that none of them have actually weakened any of the teams they have come from.
        Exactly - we only ever buy players that are unwanted, and never anyone that is being also being pursued by others.

Most seem to be defending the board for not spending on transfer fees (despite NW expressing a contrary view). Interesting to see what their reaction would be come May IF we blow it and where the blame is apportioned.
        http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
          Exactly - we only ever buy players that are unwanted, and never anyone that is being also being pursued by others.

Most seem to be defending the board for not spending on transfer fees (despite NW expressing a contrary view). Interesting to see what their reaction would be come May IF we blow it and where the blame is apportioned.
          IF we do blow it then i imagine all the boards apologists that post on here will blame the fans...

Comment

I don't understand it, if you had the money to go out and buy a brand new top of the range gas guzzling car, or one reaching the end of its life span which was probably gonna need work on every now and then, and with a smaller/slower engine so cheaper to run what would you buy?

IMO If you wanted to look and be the best there is only one answer so what's the problem?

Bernie wouldn't have put his 2 daughters in Bedsits overlooking the scrubs would he, so lets see in the summer if we get promoted, remember whatever he does the press pick up on and it will reflect on him, and he doesn't like to be known as a skin flint as far as i've seen.
            Queens Park Rangers
            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

There's 1500 odd people who would agree with you about "bedsits" overlooking the scrubs-although they can't get a move anytime soon!!!
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Not sure Bernie is running the club, as I suspect it's still you know who, and who will be throwing his weight and mouth around again, if we get promoted.

Comment

To the fans moaning about so called lack of ambition do you agree or disagree to the following?

Do Routledge, Miller and Shittu not improve our squad greatly? my answer is definately yes.

If you could ask any championship club if they could sign Miller and Routledge they would bite your hand off.

I was negative about the board but I think we have done well in the transfer market and I think we have played it safe in the transfer market. I expect our team to now have enough and get promoted.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Agree -
                    we have played it safe
                    and hopefully we will
                    have enough
                    but my point is we are taking a chance and aiming to creep over the line. It's not going to take much (the odd goal by Burnley or Hull recently for example) for things to change quickly. Just think we should have gone for it more - the pay-off next season would more than cover it!
                    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

If adel got injured, doom and gloom would descend like a yellowstone park volcanic ash cloud

Comment

I think if fans fully understand the financial situation then they would all say yes. However, we don't and this partly due to a lack of transparency from the club and the deluded nature of many.

The truth is we've probably just aquired £4 million worth of transfers this window anyway be it for a short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                          I don't understand it, if you had the money to go out and buy a brand new top of the range gas guzzling car, or one reaching the end of its life span which was probably gonna need work on every now and then, and with a smaller/slower engine so cheaper to run what would you buy?

IMO If you wanted to look and be the best there is only one answer so what's the problem?

Bernie wouldn't have put his 2 daughters in Bedsits overlooking the scrubs would he, so lets see in the summer if we get promoted, remember whatever he does the press pick up on and it will reflect on him, and he doesn't like to be known as a skin flint as far as i've seen.
                          I see what you're saying but I genuinely believe that Bernie and the rest of the board's aim is for us to continue as a sustainable business when they decide to leave, because they will. If we spend Xm now and things don't work out we'll be up the creak with no paddle/ground.....back to league 1 or worse

Comment

Working...
                          X