Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the club right to adopt a no spend policy this transfer window.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the club right to adopt a no spend policy this transfer window.

I'm not talking about hindsight at the end of the season, I'm talking about now. The loans etc, and not buying.
    Last edited by Olly; 01-02-2011, 12:40 PM. Reason: have substituted buy for spend as it may have been misleading

No.
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Unless you spend silly money in Jan then you never really going get top players. Wth loans it gives the club a good lool at the a player with the view for perment deal and history shown most play at there best. So I do agree to the club no spending in Jan

Comment

maybe the plan is that they will have more cash to spend if we go up then again maybe its not
        Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

depends on what NW wanted. If he was after a signing and wasn't backed it could be bad. If he was happy with squad then it is exactly right.

And I am not sure I would beleive what is said publically.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
            depends on what NW wanted. If he was after a signing and wasn't backed it could be bad. If he was happy with squad then it is exactly right.

And I am not sure I would beleive what is said publically.
            Agree
            Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

I find it incredible. The board have spent on wages,agents fees etc... If you had asked before the start of the transfer window and were told we would get

Smith
              Van Moen
              Routledge
              Shittu
              Chimbonda
              Miller

I would have bitten your hand off. What other club in the CC have strengthened like we have....nobody. FFS to all the doomsday **** artists...get over it.

Comment

to be honest i wouldnt have bought routledge if offered the chance and miller is/was a gamble with his fitness.. so all suits.

feel our squad is very capable of getting promotion. only player id prolly want additionally is waghorn as he would off us something different upfront.
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
                  I find it incredible. The board have spent on wages,agents fees etc... If you had asked before the start of the transfer window and were told we would get

Smith
                  Van Moen
                  Routledge
                  Shittu
                  Chimbonda
                  Miller

I would have bitten your hand off. What other club in the CC have strengthened like we have....nobody. FFS to all the doomsday **** artists...get over it.

Comment

Smith
                    Van Moen
                    Routledge
                    Shittu
                    Chimbonda
                    Miller

Have to say I agree here, how many more did we expect to get in? Just because the last day of the window didn't see any action doesn't mean we weren't busy beforehand.

I am happy with our additions
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I have to say thought we get Torres and Carroll would get back up to HH and Miller.

Comment

Smith
                        Van Moen
                        Routledge
                        Shittu
                        Chimbonda
                        Miller

Yeah and with all their money and so called ambition that's the least they could have done .... So what we're saying is that they have really pushed the boat out ..... I think not.

Had they opened their wallets a little more, promotion would have pretty much been guaranteed ... not possibly going to the wire as it now may ..

And no i'm not saying do a Chelsea/Man City, but should have just used a bit more of their financial clout ...

Let's also not forget If we don't get promoted it will be a near on disaster IMO ...

Comment

think Warnock has been disappointed with the little money that has been made available for transfer fees
                          Think he would have preferred to have spent some money on a striker but instead was offered the Miller loan which is a bit of a gamble as the guy's fitness is questionable. If 3 or 4 million was made available for a striker then i think we would have walked the remainder of the season. But tbh with the players we have i am still fairly confident of automatic as long as the important ones stay fit and i am hoping Miller remains fit and does the business.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                            think Warnock has been disappointed with the little money that has been made available for transfer fees
                            Think he would have preferred to have spent some money on a striker but instead was offered the Miller loan which is a bit of a gamble as the guy's fitness is questionable. If 3 or 4 million was made available for a striker then i think we would have walked the remainder of the season. But tbh with the players we have i am still fairly confident of automatic as long as the important ones stay fit and i am hoping Miller remains fit and does the business.
                            Yes Vblock, pretty much agree ...... Question is WHY WON'T THEY SPEND ...

Even if they have to ditch some of them when we reach the prem so be it ...
                            The risk is more than worth taking .... they have the financial muscle

Remember we need to get their first ....

Comment

Why are we taking the risk .... Capability/fitness etc

Should have backed it up with some fit/proven talent ...

Not saying that i don't agree with our acquisitions, but we should have further strengthened as per previous comments ...

Comment

Working...
                              X