No announcement yet.

Extraordinary..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really care if they are ultimately surplus. I am not askinmg for a Leeds style spending bonanza. But I would imagine any player we target as talent to secure our ascent out oif this league would be good enough in the long term as well - why wouldn't they be! Key is we should select a target we think will get us there and then go and get them? Try to get them at least! Loans and waiting has been proven not to work. Even those most wedded to Warnock as messiah should agree with that since he said as much himself. Why wait? Ids it we do not know who we want or we cannot or will not afford them. It ois clearly the latter so my point is do not dress it up as something else.

Comment

A good post.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
        Your post would be great but there are some problematical factual flaws in it. Most fundamentally the reason some of us are feeling let down is the fact that the Warnock is now saying very clearly and very publically that he isn't buying anyone and that he is being asked to patch up with a couple of loans. That's the point. The clearest signal of this was the Guardian article but the same on talksport so looks like the loans are mean=t to cover the latest injury and deprture holes as well. Not good enough I reckon. Expected better. Point is it is a silly false economy.

Your post's second problem is it argues against itself. Even if you discount the point above. You would have us believe St Warnock doesn;t want new players (see 1st bold block above) and that the team spirit got us where we are. Then you tell us it is the same team spirit that will get us over the line. Yet in between you do pause on the reality - the same team is now impossible to field as we have 4 taken out.

I get that your general point is keep the faith. But you should at least accept the fact that faith won't get us over the line. Any fan has to agree that what would be best would be a major influx of talent. You would have to be stupid to say otherwise. So please don't rant at those pointing that out for being somehow stupid.
        We are 5 points clear at the top of the league, what more do you want ? It was NW himself who said he was looking at a couple of loans as he had faith in his squad ? So where am I stating anything different ?
        It seems this is exactly what he is going to do, bring in a couple of loans...so how does this make my view flawed ? when he is doing exactly what he said he would do, back in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          We are 5 points clear at the top of the league, what more do you want ? It was NW himself who said he was looking at a couple of loans as he had faith in his squad ? So where am I stating anything different ?
          It seems this is exactly what he is going to do, bring in a couple of loans...so how does this make my view flawed ? when he is doing exactly what he said he would do, back in November.
          That was before Agyemang and Mackie had season ending injuries.Or before he knew Walker was leaving.

Even if we had all these players available we still needed a CB and striker.

Now we are weaker than ever and with our current form,if it continues,we will soon slip down the table.

We need investment now.

Comment

would bernie leave his top car with a puncture or piston gone if it and the driver where points clear of the f1 championship half way through?

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
              That was before Agyemang and Mackie had season ending injuries.Or before he knew Walker was leaving.

Now we are weaker than ever and with our current form,if it continues,we will soon slip down the table.

We need investment now.
              Have to agree with Stan on this

Comment

We need investment now.
                Whilst I agree that losing Makie, Walker and to a much lesser extent, Agyemang makes us much weaker, it is hard to predict accurately what will happen next - let's face it, very very few predicted that the squad was strong enough to see us 5 points clear on New Years Day.

Hopefully reenforcements will arrive but in the meantime can we please show a little pride and admiration for what has been achieved to date?
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  How much guess work and negativity is building on this site at the moment.
                  Back in November/December NW stated that he would be bringing in very few new faces in January and that he had faith in the players who have got us Top of the league and he didn't want to rock the spirit.
                  Ok so now we have lost Walker and JM and Pat in the space of 4 days, so a few new faces will be necessary and this NW is working on, the same NW who has guided us to top of the league and brought in Walker on loan.
                  If NW can get the same out of this group of players in the 2nd half of the season, remember ORR played in the first 5 games, 4 of which we won then we will be promoted.
                  PVM seems that he will fit in straight away and fill in for Jamie, so really a couple more astute loans similar to Walker and surely we will have a side more than capable of finishing the job.
                  It does seem that a few may actually want NW to walk away in disgust at having no further money to spend but in every interview I have heard him in I have heard nothing but enthusiasm, except of course on Saturday when he was clearly devastated for Jamie.
                  So come on lets just give the lads the support they need to finish the job, negativity will only spread and therefore hamper our chances but if everyone just gets behind the current side then we still have an amazing chance of doing it !
                  So if the players who come in are Ledesma, Cox, Rooney (Adam), Woodgate, Chimbonda etc etc etc then lets support them too rather than writing them off the way some did Jamie before he kicked a ball.
                  COME ON YOU R'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
                  Post of the Year..wholehearted agree with every point made!!

on another point its amazing how suddenly patrick Agyemang as become a "Big Loss" for people on here when many had him on top of his ship out never put the shirt on again list!!! I

Comment

We need investment now.

spot on

We are in a fantastic position halfway through the season that needs to be BUILT on if we intend promotion....NW made it to the transfer window top of the league with numerous injuries, a thin squad and now our losing our most consistent player in Walker...time for the board to back him and do their part

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      Post of the Year..wholehearted agree with every point made!!

on another point its amazing how suddenly patrick Agyemang as become a "Big Loss" for people on here when many had him on top of his ship out never put the shirt on again list!!! I
                      Tottally agree there.
                      We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Working...
                      X