Extraordinary..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extraordinary..........

How much guess work and negativity is building on this site at the moment.
    Back in November/December NW stated that he would be bringing in very few new faces in January and that he had faith in the players who have got us Top of the league and he didn't want to rock the spirit.
    Ok so now we have lost Walker and JM and Pat in the space of 4 days, so a few new faces will be necessary and this NW is working on, the same NW who has guided us to top of the league and brought in Walker on loan.
    If NW can get the same out of this group of players in the 2nd half of the season, remember ORR played in the first 5 games, 4 of which we won then we will be promoted.
    PVM seems that he will fit in straight away and fill in for Jamie, so really a couple more astute loans similar to Walker and surely we will have a side more than capable of finishing the job.
    It does seem that a few may actually want NW to walk away in disgust at having no further money to spend but in every interview I have heard him in I have heard nothing but enthusiasm, except of course on Saturday when he was clearly devastated for Jamie.
    So come on lets just give the lads the support they need to finish the job, negativity will only spread and therefore hamper our chances but if everyone just gets behind the current side then we still have an amazing chance of doing it !
    So if the players who come in are Ledesma, Cox, Rooney (Adam), Woodgate, Chimbonda etc etc etc then lets support them too rather than writing them off the way some did Jamie before he kicked a ball.
    COME ON YOU R'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Much too much sense there, and agree 100%.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

agree 100%.....but its qpr so I wouldn't expect anything else

Comment

There's so many doom merchants on these messageboards it's quite shocking,we must be such an easy target for the press because the doom and gloomers on here just want to spread misery,there must be something really missing in their lifes.This is a club you're supposed to support and love,so why don't they start acting like it!

Comment

It does make me smile.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

People are quick to forget the hard times we've faced,, much worse than the supposed problems we are experiencing at the moment.

Comment

lets support them too rather than writing them off the way some did Jamie before he kicked a ball.

This is so true. Well done for pointing this out. Not that it will make any difference

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                Back in November/December NW stated that he would be bringing in very few new faces in January and that he had faith in the players who have got us Top of the league and he didn't want to rock the spirit.
                Ok so now we have lost Walker and JM and Pat in the space of 4 days, so a few new faces will be necessary and this NW is working on, the same NW who has guided us to top of the league and brought in Walker on loan.
                If NW can get the same out of this group of players in the 2nd half of the season, remember ORR played in the first 5 games, 4 of which we won then we will be promoted.
                PVM seems that he will fit in straight away and fill in for Jamie, so really a couple more astute loans similar to Walker and surely we will have a side more than capable of finishing the job.
                It does seem that a few may actually want NW to walk away in disgust at having no further money to spend but in every interview I have heard him in I have heard nothing but enthusiasm, except of course on Saturday when he was clearly devastated for Jamie.
                So come on lets just give the lads the support they need to finish the job, negativity will only spread and therefore hamper our chances but if everyone just gets behind the current side then we still have an amazing chance of doing it !
                So if the players who come in are Ledesma, Cox, Rooney (Adam), Woodgate, Chimbonda etc etc etc then lets support them too rather than writing them off the way some did Jamie before he kicked a ball.
                Thats the spirit

Comment

Kit, a truly excellent post.
                  I have really enjoyed this season and continue to do so.
                  The worry is that messageboards are becoming more powerful and lazy journalists are making whole articles from quotes from this board(see Adam Courtneys fulham chronicle article on The British Queen) you can see that this board has an influence on things "Qpr" in the media

This is a very scary thought when you consider the drivel posted by weare, ted, rebel etc etc

Enjoy the season people and keep the glass half full
                  From the Hills of Kerry
                  To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Can I just add

weareqpr12 has made 5,000 posts and in his words "they have all been quality"
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      Can I just add

weareqpr12 has made 5,000 posts and in his words "they have all been quality"
                      10,000 and I have got more sense out of one of daughters dirty nappies than any of his posts
                      From the Hills of Kerry
                      To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Oh dear!

Sorry I won't dare question a player on this 'messageboard', although its QPR related.

You just slate other posters which is superb input.

Although a messageboard is suppose to be for discussing things, how about we all just paint the background pink and sing happy songs around a guitar.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Although I think Kit's post is excellent, WeAreQPR12 has a good point in messageboards being about discussion! Do we all really want to be posting on an echo chamber? That would be no fun at all! I personally am concerned because of all the injuries but I'd rather be looking down at the pack than up! Hopefully Kit's scenerio plays out and we are able to gain promotion one way or another! Hang on tight, it will be a fun ride!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            Back in November/December NW stated that he would be bringing in very few new faces in January and that he had faith in the players who have got us Top of the league and [B]he didn't want to rock the spirit.
                            Your post would be great but there are some problematical factual flaws in it. Most fundamentally the reason some of us are feeling let down is the fact that the Warnock is now saying very clearly and very publically that he isn't buying anyone and that he is being asked to patch up with a couple of loans. That's the point. The clearest signal of this was the Guardian article but the same on talksport so looks like the loans are mean=t to cover the latest injury and deprture holes as well. Not good enough I reckon. Expected better. Point is it is a silly false economy.

Your post's second problem is it argues against itself. Even if you discount the point above. You would have us believe St Warnock doesn;t want new players (see 1st bold block above) and that the team spirit got us where we are. Then you tell us it is the same team spirit that will get us over the line. Yet in between you do pause on the reality - the same team is now impossible to field as we have 4 taken out.

I get that your general point is keep the faith. But you should at least accept the fact that faith won't get us over the line. Any fan has to agree that what would be best would be a major influx of talent. You would have to be stupid to say otherwise. So please don't rant at those pointing that out for being somehow stupid.

Comment

...but would that major influx of talent, as you put it, presumably bought and not loans, be good enough for the prem IF we get there. IMO going the loan route now is by far the best option to get us over the line and IF promo is achieved, then invest heavily on players able to cut it in the prem. Spending large now could possibly be a waste of money come May as any player bought could could be surplus to requirements.

Comment

Working...
                              X