No announcement yet.

Statement Change of rule (18-11-2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, maybe the board is not only going downhill, but senior posters are not getting the respect we deserve either...

Comment

Your just a pup jeffro.

9000+ post and on my way to 10,000 not thats what I call an experience pro.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Yes many more posts there mate than I have, but as in life often the apprentice becomes the shepherd and being one of the main men on the board, and that is how it is now.

Lack of personality on here if im honest, but some very goos posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
          Cheers Weare, bloody hard to get an answer round here .
          And I'm not sure you got the right answer anyway, when did connors sign?

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
            I'm gonna say this once and probably get banned.

What you are suggesting is borderline fraudulent. You are asking us to repeatedly click on an advertisement, (that we probably have no interest in whatsoever), just to get your pay-per-click rate up.

You then state that we, the forum members, will benefit by joining in this conspiracy, thus making us as guilty as you.

It stinks of desperation to be honest. I know you are trying to raise cash, but can't you go about it in a slightly more dignified and professional manner? If the advertisers get to hear that you are asking forum members to essentially "cook the books" on the number of clicks on the ad, don't you think they might be just a tiny bit peeved?

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn, but these constant pleas to click on a bloody advert that I'm not remotely interested in are getting silly now - not to mention legally questionable.

Basically you are asking us to scam your advertisers. I'm having no part of it. Sorry.
            I agree with Toni, this kind of thing is not on, I know your intentions are good, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Comment

If I want to donate money, I will donate to kids with cleft palates so they can have reconstructive surgery or to kids with cancer, don't tell me who I should donate to.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                If I want to donate money, I will donate to kids with cleft palates so they can have reconstructive surgery or to kids with cancer, don't tell me who I should donate to.
                nobody is telling you anything, telling and asking are 2 different things, now off the soap box and calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                  I think you have miss understood our intentions.

Anyone can donate money to any charity they want and I also do this every month myself via direct debit each month.

As a website and a group of QPR fans I thought it would be a good idea to donate to the two main charities that our football club support, as a group of fans from this website, we are not asking anyone to donate money, all we are saying is that by clicking on the video above we will donate to the two charities, not everyone call afford to donate money so by doing this at least they are contributing towards charity without losing anything. If you feel so strongly about it then you don't have to click on it but it's not costing you single penny.

Instead of donating all 100% to charity now, we decided to donate 50% to charity and the other 50% can be used for one lucky winner on here to win. It's only fair that you the members get something from it as well.

It's a fans site and we want to create a fans feel to it but if it's to much trouble then it can be scrapped, at the end of the day it's us fans who can make this work and if we don't want to do it then we wont but at least we tried.

Donating and winning money at the same time, thought was a good idea.

Comment

the most bizzare argument ive ever seen on the internet.
                    'click the ads guys and we get money that we will give to you lot away as prizes'
                    'how dare you dictate to me who i give my charity money to. how dare you force me to click an advert'

Comment

I agree with Toni here. Internet marketing is my full time job. Asking people to click on ads so the site makes money is fraud i.e the company gains nothing but they are paying Kelkoo for each click.

Also you are probably seeing your earnings go down as people are clicking the ad with the same ip all the time so clicks are not counted. All these types of companies are very good at picking up on click fraud.

btw i realise your intentions are good but I can't see how this is gonna work out for ye.

Have you thought about google's adsense program (definitely don't ask people to click if doing this) or joining a website like affiliate future/window or amazon where you can sign up to display relevant ads from say football shirt websites and earn commission?

Edit: I see you already have adsense but its only showing at the bottom of the page. maybe try number 2 - http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...rsion=30803500
                      Last edited by Brian Wilson; 22-11-2010, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                        I agree with Toni here. Internet marketing is my full time job. Asking people to click on ads so the site makes money is fraud i.e the company gains nothing but they are paying Kelkoo for each click.

Also you are probably seeing your earnings go down as people are clicking the ad with the same ip all the time so clicks are not counted. All these types of companies are very good at picking up on click fraud.

btw i realise your intentions are good but I can't see how this is gonna work out for ye.

Have you thought about google's adsense program (definitely don't ask people to click if doing this) or joining a website like affiliate future/window or amazon where you can sign up to display relevant ads from say football shirt websites and earn commission?

Edit: I see you already have adsense but its only showing at the bottom of the page. maybe try number 2 - http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...rsion=30803500
                        Hi Brain, maybe you will be able to explain the below email to me.

We would like to give you the opportunity to be part of our brand new Ollie the Kelkoo Octopus offer! It's targeting United Kingdom and you can earn £0.05 per targeted view. There are 12000 total views available between you and 31 other publishers, on offer until 23 Dec 2010.
                        This website are not keeping a penny from this offer, what ever this site makes will be used to win the in our competition.

From time to time advertisers will offer exclusive promotions like the Kelkoo advert, what do they want us to do with it, I don't understand it then?

If all this advertising is wrong then why are they offering such services to websites like us?

I'll contact them again and point to this very thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          I think you have miss understood our intentions.

Anyone can donate money to any charity they want and I also do this every month myself via direct debit each month.

As a website and a group of QPR fans I thought it would be a good idea to donate to the two main charities that our football club support, as a group of fans from this website, we are not asking anyone to donate money, all we are saying is that by clicking on the video above we will donate to the two charities, not everyone call afford to donate money so by doing this at least they are contributing towards charity without losing anything. If you feel so strongly about it then you don't have to click on it but it's not costing you single penny.

Instead of donating all 100% to charity now, we decided to donate 50% to charity and the other 50% can be used for one lucky winner on here to win. It's only fair that you the members get something from it as well.

It's a fans site and we want to create a fans feel to it but if it's to much trouble then it can be scrapped, at the end of the day it's us fans who can make this work and if we don't want to do it then we wont but at least we tried.

Donating and winning money at the same time, thought was a good idea.
                          Understood, but I live overseas, been a rangers fan since 75, I'd have to donate to the country I am living in, not England, just because someone is not English, doesn't mean we are not Rangers fans. And if I won money on this site, say for time of goal, score of game, etc, I'd rather you guys keep the money and give it to kids so they can attend games at LR.

Comment

Working...
                          X