Statement Change of rule (18-11-2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement Change of rule (18-11-2010)

As you all are aware that we have been raising money for charity each month by clicking on the video advert above, however there seems to be a problem the last month and the hit rate with number of plays have gone to practically nothing, so far we have only managed to raise just over £5.00 for this month, it don't add up to what we have been getting last few months.

The changes we will be making is that we will now donate 50% to charity and the other 50% will go into the pot for a member of this site to win, depending on the amount, we may offer more members a chance of winning cash prizes and the 3rd video on the index page is a separate prize for you to win, all 100% of that is for you to win.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com

Every day I will start a new thread with a date, all you have to do is post in there how many times you clicked or played on the two videos above and the other video on the index page.

Anyone who does this daily will qualify to win a prize, it's only fair that members who takes part that wins, it would not be fair to those who don't take part and wins the money, this is a good way to monitor who can win the money.

For example if you clicked or pressed play on each video just twice a day then you should post the following:

top left video: 2
    top right video: 2
    index page video: 2

We will then be able to tell if the number of plays are correct, if we get 100 people in here who say they played the video and the number of views show us is different then we can query it and point them to our threads.

If you would like to know how much you can win then click on the links below and I shall update it each night.

50% to Charity and 50% for you to win - http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=70508

You win all 100% of winnings - http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=81265

Remember the more you click/play the video the more you will win in cash prize.

You may use this thread to post the amount of plays you have made for the 18-11-2010 and we will create a new thread for each day.

Thank you.

I'm gonna say this once and probably get banned.

What you are suggesting is borderline fraudulent. You are asking us to repeatedly click on an advertisement, (that we probably have no interest in whatsoever), just to get your pay-per-click rate up.

You then state that we, the forum members, will benefit by joining in this conspiracy, thus making us as guilty as you.

It stinks of desperation to be honest. I know you are trying to raise cash, but can't you go about it in a slightly more dignified and professional manner? If the advertisers get to hear that you are asking forum members to essentially "cook the books" on the number of clicks on the ad, don't you think they might be just a tiny bit peeved?

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn, but these constant pleas to click on a bloody advert that I'm not remotely interested in are getting silly now - not to mention legally questionable.

Basically you are asking us to scam your advertisers. I'm having no part of it. Sorry.

Comment

Some legal definitions:-

1. Conspiracy - A plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act

2. Theft - The dishonest appropriation of property, (in this case money), from another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.

Add 1. and 2. together and think about what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
        Some legal definitions:-

1. Conspiracy - A plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act

2. Theft - The dishonest appropriation of property, (in this case money), from another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.

Add 1. and 2. together and think about what you are doing.
        Oh please! MYU's just trying to raise some money for the site in one of the few ways possible. Whether this is the best way, I'm not sure. But it's hard to think of alternatives. If you feel so bad for the companies paying pennies for their adverts, why don't you contribute directly towards the running costs of this site that we all benefit from?

Comment

Toni I think your going slightly over the top mate.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

No, it's fraud.

http://www.#####edia.com/TERM/C/click_fraud.html

I have a legal background, I know what I'm talking about.

I have the site's best interests at heart when I suggest that this suggestion is quickly and discreetly binned.

Comment

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...ick-fraud.html

Comment

It's only fraud, when the owner of the site artificially increases the number of clicks, to generate more income from the advertisers. MYU has said there has been a decreased number of clicks, so there for, to me, no fraud has been committed.
                Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------
                https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Originally posted by QPRbob View Post
                  It's only fraud, when the owner of the site artificially increases the number of clicks, to generate more income from the advertisers. MYU has said there has been a decreased number of clicks, so there for, to me, no fraud has been committed.
                  But in the same post he's asking us to click away at these ads now to increase revenue. What's that if not fraudulent?

I find it hard to believe that this practice is being actively and openly encouraged.

Google had to pay out $9million in damages for something similar!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07...ck_fraud_case/
                  Last edited by Toni German; 18-11-2010, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Very anal indeed... Pfft

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      Very anal indeed... Pfft
                      Not at all.

I'm just trying to help by pointing out the illegality of what is being suggested. I love this site and don't want to see it closed down. I don't think many people on here have much legal knowledge.

Trust me, this is serious.

Essentially, we are being encouraged to conspire to defraud the site's advertisers.

I hope someone in authority deletes the original post pronto.

Comment

Erm, the adverts are there for people to view if they want. MYU is pointing out that the more they are viewed (clicked on) the more revenue is raised. He is not telling anyone they must do it but is offering an incentive to do so. The advertisers have their ads there to be viewed and this is what is being encouraged in the thread message. How, in any way, is that fraudulent? There is no deception and no one is being swindled. The ads are there to be clicked - Click the ad and revenue is made, don't click the ad and it is not. TG - notwithstanding more than 20 years PQE, I am lost and confused by your legal interpretation of fraud. With the comments and accusations you have written directly about a particular individual, I trust your understanding of libel is more sound mate.
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Do you think Matt Connolly will start on Saturday?
                          Also Heidar or stick with Hulse?

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
                            Not at all.

I'm just trying to help by pointing out the illegality of what is being suggested. I love this site and don't want to see it closed down. I don't think many people on here have much legal knowledge.

Trust me, this is serious.

Essentially, we are being encouraged to conspire to defraud the site's advertisers.

I hope someone in authority deletes the original post pronto.
                            Oh my days.

Have you ever thought of becoming a traffic warden or a steward?

Comment

Sorry I thought it was clear.

The advertiser is paying the website a nominal amount per click on the advertisement. Therefore the advertiser is being defrauded of revenue by paying for clicks from users who have no intention whatsoever of buying any product or service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click_fraud

It's a well known internet phenomenon - but I have never seen it so brazenly encouraged before!

Anyway, a lawyer would have charged at least £100 to impart the above knowledge so I'll deem that to be my contribution! Seriously though, just have a look around and see the legal implications.

Comment

Working...
                              X