No announcement yet.

My Opinion if "Daily Mail" Report is Correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, if he had all our players fit and the chance to buy a couple of decent strikers, higher up the table too. OPINION.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

If it is Magilton are they not aware of the painful irony of employing a dour albeit likeable and respected former northern ireland international for the second season on a row?

Comment

Very well said, QBP. Your opening post sums up how most QPR supporters feel.

It really is a great pity that our takeover just won't take off in the way Chelshite's & Foolham's did. With the combined wealth of the owners, the sponsorship deals that have been brought in, we really should be setting our sights as high as we can when it comes to appointing managers & players.
        Speculate to accumulate, as true now, as it ever was.

Comment

wait for it,on the"official site"....QPR are "delighted"to announce the appointment of Jim Magilton.we have decided to extend our deadline for your 5% discount season tickets as we have backlog of applications and with the "feel good"factor now about to hit fever pitch,you have an other week to avail of the "special offer"....or some shite like that!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Indeed Sir Pie, it was what I was saying - we agree again.

Pete - never accused you of being a mouthpiece - you pass on what you hear and I for one am grateful for that.

Nodge - I don't agree entirely that next season has to be make or break. If we had a good young manager (Ince, Ferguson, or better still a Coppell or Curbishley) building a good, young, attractive side with stability off the pitch too I wouldn't be all that dispondent about finishing, say, fourth but missing out in the play offs. It wd at least show we were moving in the right direction. I think it is the instability and wildy erratic boardroom decisions that are leaving fans in despair, and making us the kind of club that no decent employed manager is likely to touch with a barge pole.
            dream on !! but i agree with you

Comment

and we wouldnt spend the first few months of the season with a new manager trying to find out about his players.

if flav had anything about him he would get down on his knees and beg sousa to come back. as things stand i see next season as a building season at best and thats if whichever mediocre manager is selected is given a proper chance.

of the for on the supposed list I would be least unhappy with cotteril
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

The only conclusion I can draw IF they appoint Jim Magilton, the board must believe the players are good enough and the players are obviously telling everyone they are good enough. If thats the case, then it doesn't matter if you have a non english manager or in fact a supporter taking it turns, at the training ground each week and watching the players train.

All you need is a supporter to give a passion plea before kick-off to the players. Only conclusion, I can come up with.

The only other saving grace is that he will have something to prove, which could work in our favour. Seriously in my history of supporting QPR, I equal it to the appointment of Alan Mullery.

Jim Magilton is also good mates with Dowie, which I find ironic.

Unfortunately Curbishley is still owed from West Ham and wants to manage in the premiership. Still, its not official until official and we can only hope
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

But who in the premiership is curbs going to get: Hull? Leaving aside his dispute with west ham, if you said to him "come to qpr, you can stay living in london, we will give you x million to spend backed by the wealthiest board in the world and we promise not to interfere" can you really see him turning it down? The problem is the board won't offer that, or even if they did no one wd believe them.

Comment

I'd expect him to sniff around Sunderland, if they stay up.

Comment

the chickens have come in to roost. the names that have been 'shortlisted' are totally underwhelming, and as PeterG says, next season the new manager will be learning about his new squad but at the same time our board and fans will be screaming for success.
                      Remember when we had a a bit of stability and continuity at the club? Its becoming a bit of a haze for me!
                      Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Still, we're not watching paint dry...we're watching the walls fall down instead.

Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other snide. Great campaign to get rid of someone who could have done the job well though. If he had time to get his best players fit and see what ideas he had for them.

Comment

What nonsense is this now Pete?

You bang on (no pun intented) about how newspapers tout rubbish, yet you start a thread on a papers report, eh?

As per usual, your thread was about you stating "You are not the clubs mouth-piece" disguised as a 'JM' thread , yet we know you are GP's.

:byebye:

Comment

If it was ONe newspaper report, then I would have kept quiet. Seems like the idea is gathering momentum:very_sad::very_sad::very_sad:

newark what campaign was that?

if I was that powerful, I'd be able to persuade who should they get in. Reality is this is simply a messageboard to air views
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Or lazy journolism as you often call it! Can't have it both ways Pete coz it suits your new campaign, which is 'let's get the fans worried it is JM, then we can hit 'em with....' (some other unknown foreign numpty with GP at the helm).

Comment

Well, we can only wait and see.

No campaign from me, but give me a foriegn manabger anytime over the managers names that have been branded about.

If madge does get the job, then I hope you won't be using the same old argument. Next 5- 7 days will be interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X