Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denny Crane

Your right, but that was last week.

You have to rely heavily this week on what the press are saying. Daily Mail today, but tomorrow it will appear in another newspaper

Contrary to belief, I am not a mouthpiece or told very much at all.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

We've created a situation where we either have to buy ourselves out of it or appoint someone who the majority don't want and hope for the best.

If we buy our way out of it we can attract the likes of Johnson or Ranieri because not only will we be saying that the managers salary will be high but the playing budget will be as well. The alternative and more likely option is that the job is attractive to those out of work because it is firstly a salary, which they may not currently be picking up and secondly its a big pay day if things go right/wrong.

The saying that comes to mind is "we've created a rod for our back".

Comment

[QUOTE=qblockpete;54170]stainrodforengland.

yes, I see your point. You would never expect in a million years that the club would then go and make this kind of appointment. I think the theory of me being a mouthpiece for the club goes out the window or being told everything goes out the window, when I make statements like "ITS NOT JIM". I rely on what of a whole range of supporters say to me and the major consensus is that Jim Magilton is a step backwards. I am seriously considering not getting an away season ticket next season and they can stick the drum where it does not shine. (which will please many)[/QUOTE]

Pete, the drum is part of the atmosphere. Lose the drum we could lose some atmosphere. And last season I thought the atmosphere was poor. Dont drop the drum.

Comment

Indeed Sir Pie, it was what I was saying - we agree again.

Pete - never accused you of being a mouthpiece - you pass on what you hear and I for one am grateful for that.

Nodge - I don't agree entirely that next season has to be make or break. If we had a good young manager (Ince, Ferguson, or better still a Coppell or Curbishley) building a good, young, attractive side with stability off the pitch too I wouldn't be all that dispondent about finishing, say, fourth but missing out in the play offs. It wd at least show we were moving in the right direction. I think it is the instability and wildy erratic boardroom decisions that are leaving fans in despair, and making us the kind of club that no decent employed manager is likely to touch with a barge pole.

Comment

Good post qblock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You could quite rightly apply the same logic to all four mentioned here

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/content/g...A25%3A13%3A183

Comment

Sad To Say..5 mates have Emailed me or Phoned

THEY are not renewing if Jim Magilton gets the job, will anyone be doing the same?/

Two others have regretted renewing..

Hopefully the yacht has internet.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

THEY are not renewing if Jim Magilton gets the job, will anyone be doing the same?/

i will go as far as attempt to get a refund or sell my ticket to some unfortunate fool if magilton or his calibre are appointed.

Comment

Swings and roundabouts isn't it.

I know of 5 to 7 ST holders who are holding fire until the new manager is in place.

Not one will renew if LDC is appointed.

For every ying there's a yang.

Comment

Have re-newed but would be extremely dissapointed and possibly look into a refund and just go to a few home games when the mood took me. Really am underwhelmed by the names being bandied about but as everyone say's "who in their right mind would come to us at the moment?"
                      God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

good post by QBP-Admirable that you are prepared to give the board eighteen months before judging them(for what it's worth-I agree)but you turned against Paolo Sousa after a run of 9 dodgy games...

Comment

Perception in football is vitally important. The moment you get a top manager, all views change. Just ask Ipswich fans. I wonder how many more renewed on the basis that Keane took charge, significantly more then would be the case if jim magilton had still been manager.
                          For once I find myself agreeing with QBP ...on this and the initial post!

Lets hope Magilton makes us look a right bunch of plums come the end of the season ...the only positive i can find is I bet the likes of Watford (Boothroyd) and Burnley (Coyle) fans were disappointed with their managerial appointments only to turn out to be masterstrokes.

Still I'd rather have stuck with Dowie to be honest!

Comment

Make that three Pete :(

Comment

I'd rather have stuck with Sousa.
                              We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
                                I'd rather have stuck with Sousa.

if we had stuck with him we would have conceded fewer goals than any other side in next season's Championship FACT

Comment

Working...
                                X