Time to expand Loftus Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
    I don't think the area needs QPR anymore.

All the businesses are fully self sufficient and cope admirably without the knock on income that the football club brings in. Sure a few businesses would suffer (Springbok, the shops on SAR) but not the area in general. In fact, there's an argument there that the White City area could be regenerated if QPR wasn't there. Especially since Westfield and before that the gentrification of W12 as the fashionista's overflowed from W11.

We need Shepherds Bush far far more than Shepherds Bush needs us.
    Your 100% right Nodge in everything you say.

90% of fans inside LR every Saturday have some sort of tie to W12 be it they are 2nd or 3rd generation migrants out of the area (surrounding). Shepherds Bush has a special something about it for most of us, but I do find it a shame come 1800 on a Sat I can barely find a Rangers fan in the area who hasn't hung about and had a few beers in the manor. The area doesn't need QPR and never will but I think its the fans who need the ground to remain in W12 more than anything else for sentimentality., it wouldn't feel the same playing in Ruislip or Hillingdon.

I cannot fathom why we would want to move move to a soulless bowl on the A40 corridor to attract a few thousand stay away supporters. I lived in Essex for 5 years and every Saturday on the way to LR I use to sit on trains packed full of West Ham fans making their way to Upton park from every stop along the C2C, I can't really see out justification for moving the ground to fans required to travelled similar distances to Rangers. There has been nothing to suggest in my lifetime that our fan base is ever going to expand to fill a 25k stadium, I like our stadium, yeah its a bit cramped but you only required to sit down for 90 mins. I couldn't care less if the away teams in the PL find the School End uncomfortable, I have always felt we should focus on cantilevering the roofs of the SAR and Ellerslie and rebuilding the Loft because of how much space is available behind the stand.

Expand LR to 21-22k and be done with it.
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 23-09-2010, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      I disagree Nodge.

Uxbridge road would be hit hard.

Due to the recession pubs have been hit hard.

If rangers was to move I could see alot of those pubs being closed down and lets not forget in some weeks thats 2 games a week. They would make more in those 2 days than they would in the remaining 5 days. Shephards bush as you know has plenty of pubs and thats plenty of staff that will be out of work. So shephards bush definately needs QPR and its great news for the area that over 15k are going to be filling LR whilst the club is doing well.
      Uxbridge Road is a s.hithole there's FA there other than a few pubs which might suffer but some are already in decline and have been for years.

As said in a previous post I don't see any of you around the the manor after 1800 on a Sat, I'm sure boozers will continue to get by without the Rangers on local trade. if they had to.
      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 23-09-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

The local boozers rely far more on trade at the Shepherds Bush Empire and the Odeon than they do on 23 QPR home games per season. Same can be said of all the take aways and grocery stores on the Uxbridge Road from the Green up to the Askew Road lights. We're an irrelevance in the area to the local populace and dare I say it, something that drags the area down in the view of the people who populate the roads between Uxbridge Road and Goldhawk Road.

We're based in a relevatively affluent area, albeit with the estate bordering one side. It wasn't always the case, but growing up in Fulham a stone's throw from Stamford Bridge, that was a sh1thole back in the 70's and early 80's where the community did need the club - certainly not the case now.

I can only think of one club in London that if they moved out of the area, the local infrastructure and community would collapse. Spurs. Everywhere else, inc West Ham, would survive and probably thrive.

I live in Essex now but feel the need to hear the calling of W12 every home game!

Comment

if Boreham youth left the pub over the rd would collapse.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

There are so many people who have moved away from the Bush, White City and the Acton area because it had changed into a sh1te hole and choose to set up home for their families along the A40 corridor.
            Last edited by paulmason; 23-09-2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

bernie ecclestone owns half the bbc site at white city so the new ground would be built there with the loftus road design on a bigger scale
              what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Hhhmmm so someone who owns 5%? of QPR FC will decide where they build a new ground, if that is the road they go down.

Comment

5% matters not its his influence the club will use and he will also make a tidy sum of cash which he seems to enjoy.
                  what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

I wonder how his influence will be viewed by NW, who came to the club because of the stability it now has and I assume if Bernie is back on the scene, the man who was found guilty of ordering Nelson Piquet Jnr to crash his car in Singapore, will be as well ?
                    Last edited by paulmason; 23-09-2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Places like BQ could cope with it's Irish regulars as can other pubs for other reasons,
                      places that will suffer are Cafes, Pubs etc with Rangers memorabilia etc which rely on matchday trade. Can't see Smuts lasting long without us, being so out of the way for example also the Betting shops would suffer around the ground. They'd miss Stanley, would he still use them?
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                      X