Time to expand Loftus Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to expand Loftus Road

As a long term Rangers supporter, like many of us i am used to our bubble being burst all too quickly after having our hopes and expectations built up, then having them crashing down with a bump all too quickly on, albeit limited occasions in the last few decades.

However, realistically we are definitely going to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. Our set up is geared towards success this season. The start we have made combined with the level of our performances and the overall poor standard of opposition in the division lead me to believe that this really can and should be our year.

Isn't it about time that the board started the ball rolling with plans of extending LR so that we can springboard on to the next level in the Premiership?

Expand LR? Yes
    Move to a soulless bowl on the outskirts of west London? No

Comment

Those new airline seats could be just the job

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

No need can't fill this stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          Those new airline seats could be just the job

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Could do with those at the mo as they are half way to celebrating a goal

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
            No need can't fill this stadium.
            That's right, no reason to suppose crowds would be any bigger in the Prem either

Comment

Were doing well at the moment so we go ahead and start building a new stadium,the season peters out and we dont go up.The following season we move into our new 30,000 seater stadium only problem is weve not made the prem and now we have 13000 rattling around a massive stadium look at Coventry as a prime example.

Lets just get promoted first and have a season of sell outs at home.

Comment

I think we should build a new stadium even if we didn't get promoted, but whatever happens it wouldn't be available next season, so should we go up you will still get that "season of sell-outs".
                Loftus Road is full of great memories for me, been going there nigh on 50 years, but it's getting a bit tired to say the least.

Comment

I just wouldnt like to see us have a new stadium which is only ever half full at best,we struggle to get an atmosphere at HQ as it is at times.
                  Although a new ground always brings in new fans so that may not be the case.

Comment

I know what you mean, and I do think that a new ground would attract new fans (even more critical to get the pricing right..........)
                    I think if we are going to be in any way ambitious (not stupidly so) for the future we need to have a bigger,more comfortable stadium with better facilities.

Comment

25000 but built in a way where it can be increased if needed.

Comment

Question is how do you build a fan base from existing levels? Prem footie will add some. Fans tend to be loyal so they're not going to swap allegiance. Value for money comes into it. A comfortable viewing experience needs to be built in. Attractive football played. Some cache gained from wearing your colours. Incentives for first time season ticket buyers. Introduce a friend schemes.

Charlton tried ever so hard a few years back and where did it get them? There needs to be a strategy like at Lens. , then you stand a chance of filling a 30k stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
                          As a long term Rangers supporter, like many of us i am used to our bubble being burst all too quickly after having our hopes and expectations built up, then having them crashing down with a bump all too quickly on, albeit limited occasions in the last few decades.

However, realistically we are definitely going to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. Our set up is geared towards success this season. The start we have made combined with the level of our performances and the overall poor standard of opposition in the division lead me to believe that this really can and should be our year.

Isn't it about time that the board started the ball rolling with plans of extending LR so that we can springboard on to the next level in the Premiership?
                          no, look at what happened to Southampton, what's the point of having a 30 ,000 stadium in the third division?
                          Last edited by waterbuffalo; 20-09-2010, 03:32 AM.

Comment

You cant physically extend LR, nor can we even fill it at the moment. And there is no need for a new stadium just yet..

Comment

I can not see how we could expand the current ground. Apart from a little bit of re jigging to gain a handful of extra seats how can we expand? Residential areas will not tolerate anymore loss of sky and rightly so. Would love to see a new stadium within a stones throw of LR but as others have said not a souless bowl. QPR are famous for their tight and compact stadium which on certain runs can be very atmospheric.
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X