Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely Superb Move!

From Fulham Chronicle...

QPR will sign Tommy Smith on three separate one-month loan deals in a bid to keep him at Loftus Road until January.

Rangers have turned to a temporary move for the Portsmouth midfielder after the Football League ruled the clubs failed to complete the transfer by last Tuesday's 6pm deadline.

However, a club can only loan a player for a maximum of 93 days outside the transfer window, which would take Smith up to Watford game on December 11.

But rather than sign the player for a consecutive period, clever Rangers will create gaps between the three loans to ensure he can play in SIX fixtures over the festive period before completing a permanent move in January.

As a qualified tax advisor I could not have done better myself!

LOl!!!!!!

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
    From Fulham Chronicle...

QPR will sign Tommy Smith on three separate one-month loan deals in a bid to keep him at Loftus Road until January.

Rangers have turned to a temporary move for the Portsmouth midfielder after the Football League ruled the clubs failed to complete the transfer by last Tuesday's 6pm deadline.

However, a club can only loan a player for a maximum of 93 days outside the transfer window, which would take Smith up to Watford game on December 11.

But rather than sign the player for a consecutive period, clever Rangers will create gaps between the three loans to ensure he can play in SIX fixtures over the festive period before completing a permanent move in January.

As a qualified tax advisor I could not have done better myself!

LOl!!!!!!

Bid!! What if he changes his mind in January.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Sounds a sensible move but does that mean he will miss sept?
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Think they may have read Sirpie's thread...?

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
          Think they may have read Sirpie's thread...?

My thoughts aswell:=B:
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Well done Rangers, this shows we now have people on the board that has a business brain as well as a good knowledge of football. hopefully we are now heading in the right direction to take this club foward.

Comment

Originally posted by COBBYQPR View Post
              Well done Rangers, this shows we now have people on the board that has a business brain as well as a good knowledge of football. hopefully we are now heading in the right direction to take this club foward.
              Well said.

Just waiting now to see the long list of critics, who blamed their own club for the problems that led to the permanent transfer falling through despite the fault lying with others, come along and give a little praise where it is due.

Dont suppose many will have the good grace to do so though. They would probably prefer to hunt for the next story to complain about.

Comment

official today?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Well said.

Just waiting now to see the long list of critics, who blamed their own club for the problems that led to the permanent transfer falling through despite the fault lying with others, come along and give a little praise where it is due.

Dont suppose many will have the good grace to do so though. They would probably prefer to hunt for the next story to complain about.

You will be waiting a long time for that

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Well said.

Who did the fault lie with for the permanent transfer not going through?

If the club can do what is proposed, it's a creative strategy, to recover a bad situation.

Comment

Haha nice, that will p.iss the FL right off.

Great loophole in their system.

Comment

But will also count as 3 seperate "short term" loan deals - which could stuff us up later in the season.

Comment

What would have been an absolutely superb move would have been to get the paperwork in on time. In fact, no that would have been a very simple move that they should have been capable of pulling off.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                            What would have been an absolutely superb move would have been to get the paperwork in on time. In fact, no that would have been a very simple move that they should have been capable of pulling off.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                              Thank you captain obvious.

Nothing we can do about that now, and the way I see it this is the best way forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X