No announcement yet.

I believe it is Magilton...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, between Calderwood and Magilton!?

This is getting worse not better, all thhe backing we have, all the sponsors yet we still can't get the right manager. Another waste.

He'll be gone by xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
      Haven't Magilton's teams finished higher than ours every season he's been a manager?

Ergo - Upgrade on everything that's gone before.

Ipso Factso......

Uninspiring though
      Yes but he took over from Royle with a far superior squad to our own, has spent £12m improving it and still has failed to get Ipswich into the top 6. Keane had two games in charge and turned the same players into match winners.

Comment

Magilton Out!
        Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          Yes but he took over from Royle with a far superior squad to our own, has spent £12m improving it and still has failed to get Ipswich into the top 6. Keane had two games in charge and turned the same players into match winners.
          Hang on........Keane wasn't their manager when they played us off the park with some brilliant football at LR, nor when they pulled Norwich to bits in his last game.

Only reason he was sacked was that Marcus Evans wanted a "name" manager. 8th place wouldn't get anyone else the sack (apart from Dowie and Sousa). Yes, he spend £12m, but brought in £11.2 m in transfers in the same period.........

Statistics, statistics and damn lies.......

Like I say, uninspired but not the worst by any stretch.

Comment

Hang on........Keane wasn't their manager when they played us off the park with some brilliant football at LR, nor when they pulled Norwich to bits in his last game.

Only reason he was sacked was that Marcus Evans wanted a "name" manager. 8th place wouldn't get anyone else the sack (apart from Dowie and Sousa). Yes, he spend £12m, but brought in £11.2 m in transfers in the same period.........

So he balances the books....sounds like an ideal appointment for the board.

Comment

I'll admit if this is who gets the job, its not exactly setting the world on fire. But ya never know, he might do really well for us!.... Im gonna keep my thoughts to myself until he's had time....
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

speaking to two ipswich fans they only said that magiltons biggest problem was him not knowing his best XI and rotating alot

also said that he let personal grudges at ipswich get to him so if a player he didnt like he wouldnt play them... he needs a good assistant and that he knows the game well, just because of ties with ipswich he bent over to fan pressure and it cost him his job.
                Last edited by QPR1234; 15-05-2009, 03:56 PM.
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

You are right about Evans and he has done well by balancing the books but in 3 seasons he has failed to finish in the top 6. His Ipswich team may well have beaten us off the park but his team also failed to beat either Charlton or Saints. One or two good results doesn't equate to being a good enough manager to lead a team up to the Premiership.

I will back him 100% and a Ipswich colleague of mine does rate him but I would have preferred Keane. We should have had guts and got Warnock, or wait to get Coppell or even stuck with Dowie. Managers who have taken teams out of this league not somebody who has failed. O'Driscoll would be a better signing if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
                    speaking to two ipswich fans they only said that magiltons biggest problem was him not knowing his best XI and rotating alot
                    He'll Fit In Here Then

Dowie, Sousa and Even Ainsworth change the team every game , injuries or not we never play the sam XI every game

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post

also said that he let personal grudges at ipswich get to him so if a player he didnt like he wouldnt play them... he needs a good assistant and that he knows the game well, just because of ties with ipswich he bent over to fan pressure and it cost him his job.
                      Pete will love his tinkering ways then!
                      "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                      QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                      Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                      Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Talk about anti climax..... if true though will back him and who knows, he may get us playing.

Comment

thing my mate said tho is he stressed that his ties as a former player to the club hindered him.

however he would be a good manager for us because he has no connection apart from out playing us everytime he managed against us
                          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                          Lovejoy: "No?!"
                          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Pretty sure no-one will be announced until after Monte Carlo Grand Prix, so I still have hope its not Jim.
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

How you all get sucked in by Insideman, the same man who said it was Venables a few weeks back and probably others since then, when it is announced it will be announced but I think someone here is on a mission to wind you all up !

Comment

I hope you're wrong is all I can say!

Would have been better off with Dowie!

Pete as for players having a say, who out of our players recommend Jim Magilton? Have any of them played under him?

What I will say is that if he is appointed not only will season ticket sales remain poor but most fans will not be at all impressed and I think we may be heading for another season of discontent if results are good right away it won't be long before everyone is on his back! Not what we need......

Someone with a bit of pedigree like Curbishley is more likely to be given a fair crack!

Comment

Working...
                                X