Full Backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
    I don't disagree that he looked good at RB. Very good in fact. I still feel he's is, and has been our best CB since he showed up at the club. He's a clever lad with his positioning and good in the air. He doesn't jump in and anticipates the tackle. I didn't see his mistake last night, but I've only seen him make a couple since being with us.

I'm with you on your worries with Hill. Very good defender, but far too slow to be a left back.
    I understand what you are saying about Connolly I really do in fact I would go as far as saying he might be a better CB in the PL than the CCC due to type of game that is played.

But up to now I have seen no evidence he is the man to do a job for us at centre half. He has been at the club 2.5 years now and in that time has not really delivered regardless of injuries, just a lot of talk from fans about this great player he is gonna be.

Comment

Mate, you're all mouth and you've got fook all to back it up with. I've told you several times. Man up and stop being a cyber hero.

Fearless, forum fighter. Run along you melt.
      Benny stop acting like a 3 year old kid.

Your the one with all the mouth.

If you think I am a wimp then you will be very suprised.

Not interested in getting in a ruck with a little freckly ginger IT geek.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Least I am working class and treat people with repect.

You are seen as very arrogant and just a complete tool

Proper tory boy!
        Now now Thrush what were you saying about speaking to people with respect.

you can vote Tory and still be Working Class

Comment

Surprise me then.
          I'm done withrowing with you on here.
          It's embarrassing, even for myself.

As I've said, stop shouting from behind your keyboard. That's all I'll say on the matter.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Going back to original subject.

Orr is a right back, Clint Hill is a left back

Connolly, Hall and Gorkss are centre backs. I didn't mind Stewart because sometimes he is outstanding, unfortunately he often makes one rickett a game and that sometimes costs us. WIsh him all the best, but its time to move on.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete mate, Hill is a CB. He's not quick enough to be a full back.

Comment

Pete mate, Hill is a CB. He's not quick enough to be a full back.
                So do you not agree that once again we have an imbalanced defence?

Comment

W12, in that respect, of course I do. But that's not the point I was making mate. I'm just telling you that I don't feel Stewart is a loss. Even with him here, the left back position would be the same.

Comment

The problem now is if conners, hall or rambo get injured, we will have no experienced cover on the bench. Not a wise move selling damo if we don't intend on replacing him

Comment

Defence was more solid last night with Ramage and Gorkss at CB.

Fitz Hall did not play badly at all, but got injured.

Connolly was shocking, won no headers, misjudged countless long balls and made an absolutely ridiculous challenge to give away the penalty.

I do think he's our best defender tho and will put it down to him having one of those days.

Clint Hill was solid, won every challenge, header he went for.

Orr wasn't the best but to sign yesterday and play 90 mins you're not going to be great are you but people were already going who's the right back he is s.h.i.t.. Absolutely ridiculous.

Most looked like they were trying to not get injured for next saturday and the plymouth players were winning all the 50-50's because of it.
                      15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

Like Parejo, I actually think Connolly is better suited to the Premiership. He is tidy on the ball and would do far better at that level than in the CCC. However, I may just think this because he more than any other player has been messed around since his arrival. What has he had 5 permanent managers, 4 temporary ones (Hart, Harford, Gallen and Ainsworth) and has played in all positions across the back four plus had a number of injuries to boot. The lad just like all the other young players coming through need stability. We need the same manager, playing the same systems and players playing the same position then and only then will we see the best of Matt Connolly.

In regards to the actual thread I do think that 4 of the 5 defensive positions are very well covered. We have 2 of the best keepers in the division. A very good right back with enough quality (Leigertwood, Connolly or Ramage) to cover temporarily, 5 good centre backs and a problem at left back. Hill has been playing regularly at left back for Palace and defensively they've been strong since Warnock's arrival so maybe just maybe he'll defend well but give us nothing going forward. If he isn't having to sprint back from the opponents box but just cover his own half he may surprise one or two. But a left back isn't just a defender and it's an area I am sure Warnock would like to strengthen further when the opportunity arises. Will our defensive be unbalanced? I hope Hill's experience would mean it won't be but it's a question that should be raised again come October when we've played a few matches.

Comment

Afraid i dont rate Connolly either, dont know why so many hero worship him, to slow not good enough in the air to be a center back.

As i have said b4 about him "jack of all trades master of none" imo.
                          They seek him here.................

Comment

I think our defence will muddle through reasonably well. Connolly, Gorkss and Ramage are all good CB's and Orr looked decent once he'd settled last night. Connolly is very cultured and understated, and I think people don't always see his worth because he has none of that lower league brutishness that some CB's possess.
                            Hill DOES worry me -- LB or CB he looks like a quick winger or forward will catch him out. Wish we'd been able to get Tosic instead.
                            I can see us keeping several clean sheets or only conceding one goal.
                            But we won't be scoring enough up the other end to turn those games into wins -- I can see several 0-0's or 0-1 defeats coming up.
                            Last edited by swanleyhoop; 31-07-2010, 08:15 PM.
                            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
                            X