Full Backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Backs

We all know the issues we have had with Full Backs ever since GP brought 4 Centre Halves to the club in Jan 2008.

Now what concerns me is we've signed Clint Hill at LB who once again is a natural centre half and slow with it. Orr apparently has a bit of pace about him but at what cost has his signing come at? I'll tell you, the loss off the only Central Defender we had who can complete 100m in under 15 secs.

The side is still unbalanced, Hill should be a nippy FB like Orr is suppose to be, this technically means our tactics will vary on the opposing sides of the pitch, this is not progress.

We might as well have not signed Orr and kept Stewart (for all his other attributes as well) and kept Ramage / Connolly at RB then at least we would have had a balanced defence.

I can see us shipping a lot of goals this season.
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 31-07-2010, 10:52 AM.

We needed a right back, and got one. You're still not pleased mate, so what'll it take?

Let's not champion Stewart as he's not good enough. Aggy has loads of pace, but he's pony...Stewart is no different. He lost his pace last season and that's the truth, so he's hardly Usain Bolt, is he? He has some great attributes. Strength and great aerial ability, but he lacks the most important for a CB...concentration. He's thick astwo short planks and gets caught out way too often. Rambo is a far better CB than him, and so is Gorkss. Matt C will be our main CB this season, and that already fills me with confidence.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
      We needed a right back, and got one. You're still not pleased mate, so what'll it take?

Let's not champion Stewart as he's not good enough. Aggy has loads of pace, but he's pony...Stewart is no different. He lost his pace last season and that's the truth, so he's hardly Usain Bolt, is he? He has some great attributes. Strength and great aerial ability, but he lacks the most important for a CB...concentration. He's thick astwo short planks and gets caught out way too often. Rambo is a far better CB than him, and so is Gorkss. Matt C will be our main CB this season, and that already fills me with confidence.
      Firstly your biased because you can't stand Stewart.

Secondly Connolly is not the answer and you will see that if he actually makes the starting 11, I am not filled with any confidence there.

So lets see other than the fact Stewart is the fastest, strongest, best in the air, most powerful centre half we have who also chips in with goals we won't miss him because we have Ramage and Connolly, come on get real.

We need a RB yes, we also need a LB because Clint Hill isn't one and whilst any day of the week Orr is a good signing what cost has it come at. I honestly don't believe Warnock will be making any more additions to the defence so quite a big cost IMO.

We have no pace through the middle of the park, don't you find that slightly concerning?
      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 31-07-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

W12 I really don't understand this obession with Damion Stewart.

He is not a good defender. Also his form was shocking last season allbeit I could name a fair few others that could join him in that list.

Ramage was a very good find.
        That run he had at the end of the season was fantastic. I missed the last 2 games but he got sent off against newcastle but seen enough of him to say he can do a job at centre half.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

How's bias got anything to do with it? Because my opinion has always been that he's not got enough? That makes no sense. It's like saying you're biased against Buzz because you don't rate him as highly as many others. It's an opinion, so where you've pulled being biased from is beyond me.

I've always maintained that he has some amazing CB attributes, but the one thing that let's him down is his inability to stay focused. This has cost us many goals in past seasons, therefore making him a liabilty in my eyes.

And my opinion, for what it's worth, you're wring about Connolly. He's a class act.

Comment

Plus, Connolly is the only defender, other than Hill who can organise the defence. He's definite captain material.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              W12 I really don't understand this obession with Damion Stewart.

He is not a good defender. Also his form was shocking last season allbeit I could name a fair few others that could join him in that list.

Ramage was a very good find.
              That run he had at the end of the season was fantastic. I missed the last 2 games but he got sent off against newcastle but seen enough of him to say he can do a job at centre half.
              Its not an obsession with Damion Stewart how many ****ing times do I have to tell you that. Stewart is not a defender I particularly rate, he is however the sort defender every team needs in this division and thats why Bristol City have taken him. Stewarts loss severly weakens us as a defence and he needs to be replaced as Gorkks has no suitable partner.

Get back on subject this is a debate about Full Backs just as much

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                Plus, Connolly is the only defender, other than Hill who can organise the defence. He's definite captain material.
                I think the Connolly myth at Centre Half will be dispelled this season once and for all. I thought he looked good at RB under Warnock and to be honest I'd sooner him sitting in front of the defence than Derry even, but at Centre Half I have never been too impressed if I'm totally honest.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  Its not an obsession with Damion Stewart how many ****ing times do I have to tell you that. Stewart is not a defender I particularly rate, he is however the sort defender every team needs in this division and thats why Bristol City have taken him. Stewarts loss severly weakens us as a defence and he needs to be replaced as Gorkks has no suitable partner.

Get back on subject this is a debate about Full Backs just as much
                  Think you need to calm down as your having a benny moment.

I am not happy about clint hill playing left back. He is a centre back and he doesn't have the pace to play as full back. Saw him a couple of times for palace and it is clear to see that he comes unstuck when he comes across a pacey winger. I agree that the lack of pace is a worry in the side. Just because I don't rate Stewart doesn't mean I don't agree with a thing you say. Also talk to me with some respect and I might then treat you with some too! Oh and try and control that ego of yours, I know its something you find hard but you really need to work on it.

Comment

I don't disagree that he looked good at RB. Very good in fact. I still feel he's is, and has been our best CB since he showed up at the club. He's a clever lad with his positioning and good in the air. He doesn't jump in and anticipates the tackle. I didn't see his mistake last night, but I've only seen him make a couple since being with us.

I'm with you on your worries with Hill. Very good defender, but far too slow to be a left back.

Comment

WeAreQPR, why are you such a trappy little worm? You are incapable of having a good debate. You have many issues boy.

No wonder everyone thinks you're a prat.

You're obsessed with me and it's creepy. Stop baiting me from behind your keyboard you worm. Get back to the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Think you need to calm down as your having a benny moment.

I am not happy about clint hill playing left back. He is a centre back and he doesn't have the pace to play as full back. Saw him a couple of times for palace and it is clear to see that he comes unstuck when he comes across a pacey winger. I agree that the lack of pace is a worry in the side. Just because I don't rate Stewart doesn't mean I don't agree with a thing you say. Also talk to me with some respect and I might then treat you with some too! Oh and try and control that ego of yours, I know its something you find hard but you really need to work on it.
                        Have you ever been funny ?

I think you'll find people talk to you such little respect at times because you have a tendancy to continually repeat the same things over and over rubbing people up the wrong way in fact you are an irritating **** at times.

I think I'm gonna nickname you THRUSH.

Comment

[QUOTE=BennyBoyRs;412684]WeAreQPR, why are you such a trappy little worm? You are incapable of having a good debate. You have many issues boy.

No wonder everyone thinks you're a prat.

You're obsessed with me and it's creepy. Stop baiting me from behind your keyboard you worm. Get back to the debate.[/QUOTE

Yeah because you are such a loved character on this message board.

Be quiet little man!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                            Have you ever been funny ?

I think you'll find people talk to you such little respect at times because you have a tendancy to continually repeat the same things over and over rubbing people up the wrong way in fact you are an irritating **** at times.

I think I'm gonna nickname you THRUSH.
                            Least I am working class and treat people with repect.

You are seen as very arrogant and just a complete tool

Proper tory boy!

Comment

Mate, you're all mouth and you've got fook all to back it up with. I've told you several times. Man up and stop being a cyber hero.

Fearless, forum fighter. Run along you melt.

Comment

Working...
                              X