Just met Paulo Sousa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
    Lets not beat around the bush and deal in some facts (albeit allegedly ;) )

a)Sousa was recommended by many including Capello for the job.
    b)When things are fine FB stays out of it
    c)Once we started losing/playing rubbish due to Sousa tinkering way too much FB got involved

on (c) my personal opinion was that sousa's tinkering and subsequent dire form of 2009 is what cost us the play-offs

d) FB starts getting involved, demanding certain players are played and demands we play attacking football
    e) Sousa, being a strong independent man refuses

on point (e) Dowie did the same - and Dowie was right..where is ledesma, SDC, tomassi and parejo now?

However, again on point (e) me thinks Sousa was wrong to tinker to the level he did and wrong to dump blackstock and FB was actually right to demand certain things - it is his club after all

f) FB has enough and goes to boot Sousa
    g) he is convinced not to do it
    h)Sousa gets called to an emergency meeting on the Monday - he thinks he's getting the tic tac
    i) Sousa, thinking he's getting the boot starts telling all and sundry what a winker FB is and other alleged confidential info
    j) Sousa goes to said meeting and as a cost cutting exercise it's actually one of his coaches that is going - he thinks "phew"
    k) A few days later, sousa's alleged expose of FB and the club gets put out on messageboards and the press.
    l) FB fires him

On (l) PS has not tried to defend himself as he was bang to rights on point (i)

So, folks, that's my opinion of the situation and I very much doubt it's that far from the truth.
    Same old, same old....:tired::nothing:

Comment

well done scott

well done scott for telling the facts,as stan bowles says sousa maybe able to manage a team that allocate one hundred million pounds a year on transfers dealings but to be successsfull at qpr you need to be able to play players at differant positions,you need to be able to go to stevenage and buy players
      and turn them into full england internationalls
      you need to be venables francis or holloway
      now lets bring in a proper manager not some one who wears designer clothes
      and is good at press meetings

Comment

[QUOTE=dexterforengland;46949]i think scott jones is pretty much nail on head,there are seven of us that talk to the directors

I don't think anymore has to be said,do you????:bad_egg:

Lets not do this all over again FFS!!!!!!!!!
        I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
          well done scott for telling the facts,as stan bowles says sousa maybe able to manage a team that allocate one hundred million pounds a year on transfers dealings but to be successsfull at qpr you need to be able to play players at differant positions,you need to be able to go to stevenage and buy players
          and turn them into full england internationalls
          you need to be venables francis or holloway
          now lets bring in a proper manager not some one who wears designer clothes
          and is good at press meetings
          What facts??? :confused:

Yeah, lets bring in another clown to join the circus....
          A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

the facts were

scott jones love him or hate him has told the truth

Comment

erm right....

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

W12 thanks for posting this.It reinforces the view held by many of us that Paolo Sousa is a professional football man who has behaved with dignity and integrity throughout this period.Many believe,as I do,that he would have succeeded at our club,given time,and a fully-fit squad.Sadly,there are those at the club who seek to undermine and criticise at the slightest opportunity,and we can only hope that whoever is appointed next is given time and the full support of everyone associated with QPR.

Comment

Can anyone really explain the facts behind the decisions made by FB this season?I suspect not.We can all speculate.

A good point made early by a poster about Dex.I have been a big fan of Dex, but i felt that following the unfortuante death of Ray Jones, Dex never appeared to have same zest.(Thats just my opinion) A move to another club and a fresh start could just be what he needs and good luck to him.

PS was recommended by several top managers and FB was aware of his inexperience before he arrived.Had PS been our first manager this season, i may have accepted his dismissal.But this follows Dowie and LDC out of the club, so people may point fingers at PS, but really the buck stops at the person employing him in the first place.

We shall never know if PS would have, will make a successful manager.He did however make our defence the strongest in the league and thats where most managers start.Boring, maybe,but as mentioned he achieved this without the help of his more creative and experienced players.Rowlands Buz Vine and maybe Pat.Would have been nice to see this defence with that lot playing in front of him.Very unfair to critisize PS or indeed any of the managers this season.

So what chance the new manager?If left alone and given pre season to assembly a decent team who knows.Would liked to have seen PS have a go, but also worried that season is over - and we still have no manager in place, scouring land for free transfers, bargains,decent players.

I really fear for the next manager if he inherits the current squad.Not sure when Buz will be back,Rowlands etc..

Comment

to get

to drop his leading goalscorer was a crazy gamble he could have probabley hit the play offs if he hadnt decided to do the most bizzare decision in the history of queens park rangers football club
                    i sincerly hope sousa dosnt pursue his managerial thoughts but perhaps try to find a differant direction to move into

Comment

to drop his leading goalscorer was a crazy gamble he could have probabley hit the play offs if he hadnt decided to do the most bizzare decision in the history of queens park rangers football club
                      i sincerly hope sousa dosnt pursue his managerial thoughts but perhaps try to find a differant direction to move into
                      perhaps you should give up being a supporter and take up something like clock making...you know the cuckoo ones

Comment

well

well one can be even more amazed at the uselessness of sousa when one considers that every qpr fan pointed out to gianni that we were short of 2strikers
                        GIANNI WE SAID YOUVE GOT EIGHT CENTER HALFS BOY

ALONG COMES THIS PORTUGESE PLUMBER and when told he can have two loan players he asks for two midfield players

BUT WAIT FOR IT HE WANTS DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD PLAYERS

we the should take out an injunction on ray wilkins and paulo sousa

Comment

Erm I think you have been listening to the voices in your head a bit too much again.

Do you have any proof for that statement?

And which two loan players would that be?

Comment

well one can be even more amazed at the uselessness of sousa when one considers that every qpr fan pointed out to gianni that we were short of 2strikers
                            GIANNI WE SAID YOUVE GOT EIGHT CENTER HALFS BOY

ALONG COMES THIS PORTUGESE PLUMBER and when told he can have two loan players he asks for two midfield players

BUT WAIT FOR IT HE WANTS DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD PLAYERS

we the should take out an injunction on ray wilkins and paulo sousa
                            And you should be sectioned.

How on earth would you even know what Paulo Sousa was offered by the club in terms of resources in the January transfer window. Have you ever thought for one minute the club wouldn't provide the necessary resources to Paulo Sousa to mount a serious promotion push. Maybe even broke promises on what would be avialable.

I do try to ignore you as much as possible but when you continually spout total b o l l o x something has to be said.

*****!
                            Last edited by W12_Ranger; 13-05-2009, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X