Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will only be making a judgement on players....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
    Yea we might fancy nicking him off you to hahaha toodle pip muggins
    He deserves better...

Comment

I do trust Warnock, but maybe we have to set our sights higher to acheive automatic promotion that players like Hill and Mackie.

From my point of view its about wanting automatic promotion and not mid table. We do have some financial muscle and it would be nice to use it.

Saying that, I'm forever the optimist and suspect we will have a good season next time around
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        I do trust Warnock, but maybe we have to set our sights higher to acheive automatic promotion that players like Hill and Mackie.

From my point of view its about wanting automatic promotion and not mid table. We do have some financial muscle and it would be nice to use it.

Saying that, I'm forever the optimist and suspect we will have a good season next time around
        Lets build a TEAM capable of promotion , not a collection of players with good stats that cant play with each other,
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

the boy maicon from inter would be nice!!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by W4 R View Post
            The thing is we are all bought up in a materialistic society, and comparing ourselves with others. Expectations are high, and we always seem to be looking outside of the box (ourselves).
            I can undertand the expectation given the amount of money the owners have and it is frustrating.Perhaps football is not their priority, we have already seen Mittal donate millions for a steel monument for the Olympics. That is shrewd business, he is advertising the quality of his steel. Billionaires get their money not from being generous but from being astute business men.
            Briatore was far too impatient and let his controlling nature take over. The Mittals I get a feel are of a more humble attitude, but remember they are Indian! In my experience Indians are very possesive of their money and often expect something back for their money. They will start spending when it seems like a good investment, but with football that is going to take years unless money is pumped in first. Catch 22 situation in my eyes, the owners need faith it's going to work and gamble/ invest a few quid if they want any return. Mittal is not a football supporter, but also is very Indian in his ways.
            Patience is the key here, or just enjoy the here and now and remember football is a leisure/ love, money has killed the game and by having the CFC's, Man Utd and City's it will be a divided game at that.

Agreed

Wize words
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              ....we sign or potentially are lining up once I have seen them turn out in a Rangers shirt.

It seems we have a lot of people on here who are experts on players they have barely seen play live which IMO is the only way you can cast an accurate judgement.

Some are writing off Mackie and Hill as not good enough already even before an official announcement that they have even signed. Hooper is apparently gonna be our saviour and Speroni is the best thing since sliced bread.

It just seems like our fans have a habit of putting players up on pedestals or knocking them down before they have even kicked a ball for the club instead of reserving judgment. I've been guilty of it in the past myself but I really do believe we need to have patience and give a new squad time to gel and lower our ambitions a little for the season until it actually looks like we are real promotion contenders. We should really stop putting pressure on the manager, team and board and try to enjoy our football next season, you never know it might improve the atmosphere a little.
              I thought we would be aiming for players with a little higher calibre rather thank Clint Hill and Mackie TBH. I agree we have to have a team but I also hope we spend some money and bring in some quality. Bottom line, we can't have to many average players on our books as we have too many as it is and need some quality that can win you the division.

Comment

Why would good quality players want to take a chance on us? Reputation for turmoil, one-eyed fans, wage cap, small crowds, average squad, recent history of mediocrity.

I'll take what Warnock can get.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  Why would good quality players want to take a chance on us? Reputation for turmoil, one-eyed fans, wage cap, small crowds, average squad, recent history of mediocrity.

I'll take what Warnock can get.
                  Sounds like were ready to rise again , all in the past
                  Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                    I thought we would be aiming for players with a little higher calibre rather thank Clint Hill and Mackie TBH. I agree we have to have a team but I also hope we spend some money and bring in some quality. Bottom line, we can't have to many average players on our books as we have too many as it is and need some quality that can win you the division.
                    As far as I am aware the only players Warnock has officially confirmed an interest in signing is Taarabt & Simpson.

Mackie, Hill, Hooper etc all media and message board rumours.

Comment

You need the best players in the league to win it. We have too many average players on our books as it is. Look at the last 2 seasons with some of the dross we signed.

The only reason why we stayed up was goals and skill from Simpson and Tarrabt (and they are not even ours), otherwise we would had taken Sheff Wed spot and gone down IMO. The side lacks quality and I really hope Warnock brings some in.

I do trust Warnock and I will back him.

Comment

Working...
                      X